Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 29)

29.

The next three months passed by quickly, Ashling had came to the grip that the miscarriage wasn't anything she could of controlled. Keiran held her tight when she would have horrible violent nightmares, where her belly was being ripped open and someone yanking another baby from her safe, warm womb. At first their physical relationship was hindered not only by the doctors warning but Ashling's distaste for herself. But slowly with the passing of time she became her old self again.

They had settled into a normal routine in their home, Keiran was attending college during the day with Ashling and in the evening he would do his shift on guard duty. Ashling hadn't found a job but had started giving guitar lessons to a few of the young pack members. Being able to share the gift her grandfather had shared with her gave her a sense of purpose.

"Thank you, Ash." Hadley called as she got up from her chair and went to place her guitar back in it's case. Hadley had been her first student, she was a quick learner and excelling at music.

"No thanks are necessary I'm just amazed at how fast your picking this up. Your movements are more fluid than most after a year of lessons. And its only been a month and a half." Hadley's young smile lit up her face. The girl reminded Ashling of herself, with golden hair and bright sparkling eyes.

"Well I'll see you next week right?" The girl asked as she heaved her case over her shoulder.

"Actually Keiran and I will be traveling to visit my family. But I'll be back the week after that."

"Okay!" Hadley beamed as she retrieved a bill from her pocket handing it over to Ashling then heading toward door waving bye as she shut it behind her.

With the house quiet again Ashling set out to make dinner before Keiran got home. Most nights he came in completely famished and devouring everything in his path. She often wondered where it all went to since he wouldn't gain a pound in fat. In fact he had became more and more toned with his night runs with the guard. Ashling didn't mind in the least, staring at his naked body was like looking at fine art, except it always seemed to get her excited. Even now as she cut and chopped vegetables she was getting excited at the mere thought of Keiran walking through the door, sweat dripping from the contours of his chest and arms. A shudder rippled through her body taking a second to glimpse at the clock to count the minutes down until his arrival. Thirty minutes, thirty extremely long minutes. Suddenly she had a grand idea. Ashling quickly assembled the casserole she was working on and shoved into the oven then raced to her bedroom to change.

Lacey bits of fabric flew through the air as she was in a frenzied search for the right outfit. "AH -HA!" She squeal loudly to herself. Snatching up the swatches of fabric she ran to the bathroom to get dressed. Once everything was in it's proper place she wrapped her short black silk robe around her and let her hair tumble in tendrils down her back. To finish it off she dabbed the perfume Keiran had mentioned he loved on all the special places he'd smell them. Taking one final glimpse in the mirror she rushed back to the kitchen as she heard his car door slam from outside.

"Hey princess, I'm home!"

"Hey honey, I'm in the kitchen." Ashling called out as she waited to hear his foot steps get closer sending her heart into a flutter. She desperately wanted to see his expression when he saw her cooking in lingerie.

"What's for din...." Turning to see his face his jaw dropped at the sight of her bare thighs hardly being covered by the flimsy robe. "Are you for dinner?" He chuckled as his voice dropped in a raspy lust filled voice.

"Me? No, we are having chicken." His expression dropped as he assumed she still wasn't ready to be intimate. "I'm for desert!" Ashling giggled as she bent over just right to give Keiran a peek at what was underneath. She carefully removed the dish and placed it on the range top.