Dusk of The Night

The stars gleamed in sky that young night. They were like maps in the dark night, lighting up for the future. My legs pattered against the ground, determined to find my goal. I can't give up this chance. 

                                       "Where are you...." I thought. "And why are you hiding?" I tried to run, but my my body had a mind of its own, so I walked. I saw birds flying above watching them zoom of into the dusk of the night. It was nice for me to be alone for once, no voices, no worries (for now), and no.....bullies.  

                                    Sure, I've been by myself my whole life, but this, this is the one time it felt....good. I followed the constellations, just strolling around. Once I regained my energy I began to run again. Once I stopped I found myself in a field, in a different forest. My head twisted back staring behind me. "Don't look back." I told myself and rushed away once more.

                                          Suddenly, I heard a loud roar from the distance. I glanced around in fear of the sound. Unfortunately, it was a sound of a bear. Well, a wolf and a bear....What am I getting into?

                                                                                          .........
                          Nora Jacob, and Spots paced through the forest following my tracks. The trio was exhausted, but had enough determination to keep going. Spots felt the trail beginning to pause in silence, just like before. There was enough silence for him to hear his heart exploding. He had no idea where he was going, but he knew his goal. He needed to know if I was okay. Jacob twisted his head gently facing Spots. 

                            "You okay? You've been quiet this whole walk." Spots eyed him in hesitation. He wasn't sure if he wanted to tell Jacob the is feelings yet. Talking to Stream about it already made him feel queasy. "Yeah, um...just lost in thought. I jus want to know if Riley's okay."

                    "Ah, this Riley, you known her for a long time I assume." Jacob smirked and shared a look with Nora. "It's not like that okay, and no- not really. We've only knew each-other for a few moons." They raised an eyebrow at him, still grinning. Spots flushed at the sight of their looks.

                    "W-what?" he questioned. "She's a really good friend. She even risked her life to something nice for some beavers." Spots let out a gust of wind, almost choking on his hesitation. "I asked her to come with me to Willow Waterfall, and then..."*sigh* "She was gone..." Nora and Jacob glanced at each-other, not even needing to talk to decide to not make him even more sad. 

                     The trio strolled through the forest in mute as they pursued the trail of my scent. Not even a sword could break the silence. Finally Nora stopped confusing Jacob and Spots. "Why did you stop?" Spots asked, puzzled. "I-I lost it. I swear, it was like a tornado. I never lost a trail that quick."

                         Nora stared into Spots' eyes in sorrow. "I-I'm sorry." she whispered. "No, no, no, it's okay. We were probably gonna stop anyway. The fact that you got me this far is surprising. Let's rest here for the night." They nodded and collapsed onto the ground laughing.