elven

"i'm so ready for summer." nez groaned, her hoodie pulled over her head as she had her head down. her forearms rested on the lunch table she sat at, forehead pressing against them.

"nez, you haven't even been here for two months yet." william lightly chuckled.

"yeah, but i'll say it again." nez cleared her throat. "i am so ready for summer." she sighed, sitting back up, straightening out her back.

"where's roman today?" borkis questioned the girl.

"she didn't feel good." nez slumped her shoulders, a small pout forming on her lips. "she called me during free period." nez began to gush about the szaj girl.

"i don't know why you like her. she's mean as hell." julian told her.

"she's not mean. she just doesn't take shit from anyone." defended the brown girl. "having no filter is different than being mean."

"yeah, you're right. but there's a time and place for everything. if no one asked for her opinion, she shouldn't speak on things." julian reworded his phrase. nez fell silent, not sure how to respond. instead of responding, she threw her head back against her forearms, letting out another groan.

"i wanna go home." she continued to complain.

"you're such a baby." william rolled his eyes. without looking, she kicked him in shin from under the table. "auch, nez!" he cried out.

"who's the baby now?" nez retorted, lifting her feet, tucking them on her arms before william could kick her back..

"nez," a voice said from behind the group. nez lifted her head from her arms. sure enough, xavier was approaching the table. "here." he handed her a pill bottle labeled 'midol', sitting back next to her. he returned her backpack to her as well. xavier stashed it with treats and a blanket. not to mention, there was a bottle of apple juice on the side.

"you're the best." nez couldn't help but throw her arms around her brother. her brother shook his head, letting his sister give him affection. "thank you so much."

"yeah, thank you for coming back. tell nez to stop complaining, it's annoying." theo told xavier.

nez stared at theo for a moment before laughing. her laugh was cut short as she straightened her lips, eyes narrowing as she flipped him off. he put his hands up in surrender.

"eesh, what'd you guys do to her?" xavier gave his friends an apologetic look.

"julian decided to talk bad on roman." sebastian said in an accusing tone. julian scrunched his face up in disagreement as he shook his head at the penetrator.

"really julian?" xavier narrowed his eyes at julian.

"i didn't even say shit." julian said in his defense. "i spoke only the truth. what all of us were thinking. if roman can 'not have a filter', why is it a big deal if i do it?"

"that's not even why i'm mad, shut up seb." nez shook her head, disapprovingly. she pulled a jar of dill pickles from her backpack, watching most of the faces at the table give her a double-take with disgust. "can we talk about something else?" she dismissed the topic.

"okay. party tonight, who's all in?" xavier announced, earning chants from the group. their rowdiness definitely caught eyes from around them, which they didn't mind. nez was in the middle of it, only smiling and laughing along with the cheering boys as she ate her baby pickles.

"wait, where's chris?" borkis asked after the group had calmed down.

"where do you think?" jafar snorted.