seksten

chris and nez spent most of the morning shopping at different halloween stores to find bits and pieces for their costumes. which wasn't much, considering they could find a yellow raincoat almost anywhere anyway.

"i'm pretty sure the shirt is black. black with white stars." chris groaned as he held up the shirt he found on the rack.

"it's dark blue. it kind of matches her hair- where'd you find that?" nez tilted her head as she finally noticed the sweater chris was holding up. "look for a blue one- ah ha!" she pulled the dark blue sweater out, high-fiving chris in the process as she held it to her chest.

the blue shirt was the last clothing article they needed to find. now it was just finding a blue wig for nez, which was easily found advertising at the front of the store.

"i'm so exhausted," nez sighed as they settled in chris' car. "let's go home."

"we're gonna take a nap, aren't we?" chris was familiar with that; constantly coming over to hangout with nez, but ending up napping instead.

"you already know." nez tiredly smiled, leaning back in the passenger's seat.

"here," chris tugged off his jacket, laying it over nez as a blanket. she hummed in satisfaction, curling up into his jacket.

the car ride home was silent for the most part. that was until chris received an incoming facetime call from william. nez had his phone, scolding him when he tried to text and drive, so she answered the call.

"william, what's up?"

"hey, you guys wanna play a game tonight?" william grinned. nez could see xavier's head over william's shoulder. "it's a drinking game. have you heard of drunk uno?"

"drunken uno, oh hell no!" chris shouted from the driver's seat. "last time we played that, you all tag-teamed on me and i was still drunk when i woke up the day after."

"shut up chris!" xavier shouted back.

"yeah, shut up chris." william agreed. "obviously, we've learned from our mistakes. so, we're gonna have a bigger group of people, so it's not just one person taking all the hits."

"okay, i've never heard of this game. how do you play?" nez's eyes glinted with curiosity. william was happy to explain the game.

"okay, so, when you enter the room, you take a shot. just a procedure to play the game. it's normal uno, except any time the color is changed, everyone takes a shot. if anyone hits you with a draw two, take a shot; a draw four is one and a half. if the game is reversed, everyone takes a shot. if you're skipped, you take a shot and so on." william made small gestures by pretending to take shots.

"and if someone beats you to saying uno, you switch cards and take a shot," chris added. "winner gets to chose one person to take three shots."

"it's simple really. if you need to, we can go over the rules when we play." william explained.

"who's all playing?" nez set chris' phone on the gps navigator holder thing so she could slip on chris' jacket.

"chris, you, me, xavier, sana, jafar, julian, and borkis." william answered. "maybe noora."

"i'm bout it," nez nodded her head.

"what?" william didn't understand.

"it's american slang, i guess. i'm down to do it, is what i meant." nez explained. "but we just spent almost all day shopping, so we need rest before this game."

"rest well, or tomorrow you will." william and xavier's voice rang.

the car came to a halt in front of an unfamiliar house. before she could open her mouth, chris spoke. "it's just my place, don't worry. you were tired so i decided on somewhere closer." her house was quite a ways anyway.

"christoffer?" nez's voice was small and tired. she lifted her arms, "will you carry me?"

"you have two legs for a reason," groaned chris as he exited the car. when he saw that she wasn't moving, he sighed, reluctantly giving in as he walked towards her side of the car. "you're such a baby, you know that?" chris told her as she clung to him like a koala; she had her legs and arms wrapped around him, head resting against his chest.

"duh," mumbled nez. "i will always be a baby- ouch!" she leaned back, lightly smacking chris on the chest as he laughed. "did you just bite me?"

"i sure did babe." his eyes trailed to her shoulder which now had teeth marks etched into her skin. "pretty hard too, if i do say so myself. you were falling asleep on me."

"you're a jerk." pouted nez. "you better watch your back."

"oh yeah? we have beef now?" chris said playfully.

"heck yeah we do." nez answered as chris unlocked his front door, kicking it shut from behind him. she was released from chris' grasp as he launched her on the bed.

she rolled around in his bed, masking her perfume with the scent of chris. she honestly could never get tired of smelling him, in a non creepy way.

"enjoying yourself?" chris asked as he watched her make a mess, tangling herself up in his comforters. she was like a little puppy arriving to her new home for the first time.

"i'm sorry," nez sighed. her exhaustion became more evident the more she talked. the grittyness and cracks in her voice spoke for itself. "you just smell so attractive."

"i smell attractive?" chris lightly laughed as he slid under his comforters, not minding at all that she curled up beside him. she hummed in response, nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck.

he realized this was the closest they'd ever been. most of her body was on top of his, his arm was lazily thrown over her waist.

chris kissed the top of her head, inhaling her shampoo as he did so. he found the scent of her comforting. she always smelt like flowers and it was always an assuring scent.

chris was soothed to tiredness, feeling himself yawn as he rubbed nez's back. his eyelids grew heavy and he was ready to sleep.

"ouch!" chris grunted, jolting slightly. his eyes were open again and he could feel nez's grin against his neck. "you just bit me."

"i told you to watch your back, didn't i?" nez reminded chris. "here, i'll kiss it better for you." nez pressed her lips to chris' neck. he tensed up, shutting his eyes as his breath hitched.

"nez, don't do that." chris told her.

"why not?" she frowned. her voice was laced with such curiosity, chris wasn't sure she was being for real. she was thinking that she was kissing his pain away, but that wasn't how chris saw it.

chris felt something when her lips were so close to his neck like that. it made him tremble. and he wondered, how did hennezy guzman make him so weak?

his silence, his thinking was already an answer for her. she sighed, a frown prominent at her lips. "i'm sorry." she apologized. she was afraid that she'd done something wrong.

"it's okay baby, you don't need to apologize." chris found himself saying.

his fingers tangled with her hair, hoping she'd forget whatever was on her mind and sleep. he hoped he could do that too, but it was impossible.

whenever nez was on his mind, chris was restless.

///
unedited — 10 february, 2018

hey, how are u guys? this is still a thing, i'm alive lol