sytten

"ooh, fancy, jello." nez called out as she walked through the door with chris by her side. she picked up the small cup and jiggled it. chris went to warn her, but she'd already popped it in her mouth. he watched as her face scrunched up, chuckling as he took the empty cup from her.

"you weren't expecting that were you?" he set her cup to the side, taking a jello shot himself. only then did he notice the rules of the game taped to the door.

chattering was heard from the kitchen, chris and nez looked at one another before making their way towards the sound. sure enough, the kitchen was filled with tipsy penetrators, dancing around.

"nez!" borkis shouted louder than he intended. he quickly ran to the two and embraced her in a bone-crushing hug. "you always smell so nice," he sniffed her shoulder once more, "like flowers and," sniff. "chris."

"what's up man?" chris did a handshake with a drunk borkis, helping over to a chair when he noticed borkis could barely keep his balance. "where's everyone else?" chris asked someone nez didn't recognize. there were a lot more people at this get together than william said. a lot.

"basement. all the people that wanted to hook up are playing truth or dare." he answered over the music that played. the music wasn't too loud actually, it was loud enough to get some of the guests singing along though.

nez recognized sana. she let go of chris' hand and excused herself.

"i'll go with you." chris objected, holding onto her waist.

"you don't have to, you can stay with your friends if you'd like," nez looked over her shoulder.

"i want to." he gave her a smile that was impossible to refuse.

by then, both of his hands were on either side of her, guiding her through the sea of people that swarmed the grounds.

"sana, hey," nez greeted with a hug.

"hi nez, chris, did you two just get here?" sana eyed chris' hands that were on nez's waist. both noticed and while chris wanted to keep his hands where they were, nez's smaller hands pried them off of her.

"yeah, we did. do you know where william and xavier are?"

"william's downstairs. xavier helped johannes in a guest room because he wasn't feeling well." sana smiled. nez gave sana a knowing look, a cheesy grin made its way to her lips.

"okay, well, tell xavier that we're here." chris told sana as he began pulling nez's hand.

"chris? what's wrong?" nez asked as he pulled her towards the backyard. it was less crowded, but there were still people dancing.

"nothing," chris answered. he pulled a beer from the cooler that was nearby, offering her one. she shook her head. "we'll share this one then." to which she agreed to.

"what's on your beautiful mind?" nez asked. in a tone that had underlying amusement. it was a question he'd normally ask her, but it looked like he had a lot more in mind than she did.

"we were invited to a game night and came to a party." chris frowned. he loved parties, of course, but when it was planned. he loved telling everyone at school about the party that was going to happen later that week. he liked the building of the anticipation. an unplanned one just turned him off for some reason. he felt unprepared.

"i thought parties were your thing." nez spoke as she took the beer from chris' hand, taking a sip.

"and i thought they weren't your thing." chris retorted. she was handling this unplanned party better than he was.

"i mean, for one, i don't really think there's enough people to call this a party. or at least, make me uncomfortable. i have most of these people in classes of mine. and two, i'm a little distracted." nez grinned, raising the can of beer to her lips once more.

"how do you know these people?" chris asked in curiosity. "you shouldn't have classes with them, you're a first year." he reminded himself.

"you seem to forget that i'm taking ap classes. i just got moved to maths with second years, remember?" nez reminded chris.

"ah, yes, hennezy the brainiac." chris teased, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. she leaned back in the slightest, a blush running along her skin. he let his fingertips linger, lightly brushing against her cheekbone.

"eh, bite me." nez retorted.

"i already did. i could do it again and kiss it better for you." chris flirted. nez's cheeks burned; her skin was on fire. she wasn't used to this type of attention, not from chris at least.

her being unfamiliar with the gesture could be taken as uncomfortableness. and it was. chris pulled away, just as she was about to lean into his palm.

"i'm sorry, that was-"

"it's okay." nez answered with a small smile. she wasn't exactly sure how tell him that she liked the attention he gave her.

"no, it's not okay. i should've known better than to hit on you. you're my friend and- god, i'm so sorry." chris frowned at the pure girl. she looked less pure with a beer can in her hand, but it was the little glimmer in her eyes that remained peaceful. "that last thing i want to do it make you uncomfortable."

"it's okay chris." she tried so hard to make it seem like she forgave him. she didn't need to forgive him, she didn't feel as if he did anything wrong in the first place.

nez was so used to being the one apologizing all the time that she didn't know how to handle chris apologizing to her. chris had felt genuinely bad and he couldn't stop the words 'i'm sorry' from spewing from his lips every few minutes.

"christoffer," nez spoke in a soft tone, grabbing his cheeks so that he could put his attention on her. "it's okay. i promise you, i'm fine. i'm great. see? no harm done." he stared at her mouth as she tried to calm him down.

the matte color on her lips remained, the perks of $20 liquid lipstick. the shape of her lips was just so...pretty. not to mention, the way she'd look up at him through those lashes just made her even more irresistible.

"i- i have to go. only for a second. s-stay here or find xavier." chris backed away from her, leaving her drowning in confusion.

but as chris entered the house again, his thoughts consumed him to the point where he didn't notice an all too familiar blondie slip past him.

///
26 february, 2018 — unedited

hey pals! i hope you enjoyed this chapter, next chapter's bout to get ... yeah

ilysm!
rany🌻