trettitre

"i told you we would procrastinate." chris scolded as he and nez were waiting to be rung up for chris' tux. it was the day before fall ball (friday) and they were going last minute shopping.

"but hey, we got it." nez scoffed, patting his chest as she jutted her card toward the cashier. before the cashier could grab it, chris swiped the card from her and handed his own card toward the cashier.

"you cannot pay for my tux babe." chris rolled his eyes, sticking her card in his back pocket, where her phone and pouch of money was.

"why not?" she frowned.

"it's a rule." chris shook his head as he took his receipt and card back, gathering the bag. he took nez's hand in his other one, pressing a kiss to it as they exited the shop.

"hey, what the hell did you post on instagram?" nez looked up from her phone with her eyebrows furrowed. "noora texted me saying that roman commented on it." at the sound of her name, chris rolled his eyes.

"it doesn't even matter babe." he pulled his phone out anyway, pressing his thumb against it to unlock it. "she's irrelevant." he began to scroll through his phone with her peaking over. "it was just a picture of me and you."

"she said 'the irony is that the song is called "faithful"' and then commented again 'lmao'," nez scoffed. this girl was relentless. what the fuck was her issue, seriously?

"she's dumb, leave it." chris told her as he grabbed her free hand as they ventured to the car. he listened to her go off about how pointless it was to start drama now. she didn't understand why roman had decided to disappear and then resurface.

"oof, if i catch her at school, i'm running a fade on her." her american accent started to appear more as she tightened her fist, causing chris to wince.

"babe, that's my hand." she loosened her grip, apologizing for holding his hand too tight. "also, you're not fighting roman."

"wh- what do you mean i'm not?" nez scoffed in disbelief as she looked at her boyfriend with a scrunched up face. "and don't even mention being the bigger person, i'll be the bigger person when i beat her ass."

"surprise her." chris shrugged. "drop your beef with her. that's definitely more worth it than seeing her bruised up." he commented, causing his girl to laugh. "i'm serious. this drama is dumb. why is it even still relevant? baby, i adore you, but i was also equally at fault, if not more, and you're dating me now. you can't be angry with her, but be lovey dovey with me. it defeats the purpose of like... you know, when you make comments about pitting women against other women?"

nez let her shoulders drop. he was right. "how can i drop beef when she's always provoking me?"

chris shrugged as if it were obvious. "easy. don't have anything against her. rule her out as someone you don't have an issue with and the things that she does just doesn't phase you anymore because she's not a constant variable in your life anymore."

nez glanced at her lover, a small etching across her lips. she had to admit, chris was speaking sense. this was something she realized stood very right by her and it's good advice. she really couldn't believe that half a minute ago, she was feeling kind of bold. she really believed she could fight roman; the only fights she'd ever been involved with were tickle fights. roman would really catch her hands before nez could throw them.

chris shrugged when nez didn't respond. "i'm sorry lover, but i gotta keep you in check. you signed up for this when you asked me out."

"i know bubba." nez sighed, reaching over the console to stroke the back of his neck so she could take the time to admire her person.