tjueen

"you're still mad." chris sighed as nez dodged him. he tried to roll into her to cuddle with her, but she rolled the opposite direction.

"i'm not mad. just stay on your side of the bed." nez replied, fluffing up her pillow.

chris didn't understand why she was refusing him. he didn't understand why he sounded so needy and clingy either. he pouted like a little kid, folding his arms over his chest as he lay propped up against the headboard as the show played.

he moved slightly before all together. he placed his head in her lap, grabbing her wrist and placing it in his hair. chris heard her sigh, before reluctantly playing with his hair. he smiled in satisfaction.

"so, tate and violet are back together for another season?" chris questioned confused.

"not quite. tate langdon is now kyle spencer, violet harmon is zoe benson."

"i like them two together. the actors." chris commented. "they make a good team." he lost his train of thought as he stared at the screen. "kyle and zoe are so in love." he observed. "they moved kind of fast, but they care for one another."

nez could only watch from above as chris went on about their bond. chris only noticed when the episode had ended, when he looked up at her to switch the episode.

"wha- why are you looking at me like that?" chris reached up to tuck her hair away.

"you just seem so interested in their relationship." nez confessed, shrugging her shoulders. "ironic, right?"

"how's that ironic?"

"to be in love with other people being in love, but has never been in love." chris stared at her for a moment as he let the irony of it all sink in.

"yeah." chris agreed. he liked to think he was in love. when he was with iben. but obviously he wasn't if he was always cheating on her, right? "have you?"

"have i?..." she trailed off, giving him a questioning stare.

"been in love?"

"nah." nez pushed chris' hair back and his eyes rolled back at the sensation, pushing deeper into her lap. "i wish."

"why haven't you? fallen in love with someone?" chris asked, eyes shut tightly. his question made her cheeks flush as she nervously chuckled.

"i haven't found anyone that i wouldn't mind annoying me yet." at that, chris opened his eyes to look at her. she could stand him when he was being annoying, that had to have meant something. "it sounds kind of scary to fall in love, but i've always wanted to be in love. being in love sounds so warming. i'm all for being an independent woman and all, but feeling like i belong with someone sounds so... beautiful." nez was such a hopeless romantic; and now it was evident.

belong with someone not to someone.

chris paused the show before it could start. he slid out of her bed, walking to her corner to put in a vinyl without speaking, before running back into her lap to return as the music began.

nez recognized the record immediately, having played the album in the car many times.

"i felt the highs and they felt like you."

"it's our album." chris mentioned. both had lots of love for all of the songs on the album, so they couldn't say it was their song. our album; the divine feminine by mac miller.

she played with his hair as she leaned back, humming. nez didn't realize she was dozing off until chris bit the inside of her thigh, making her hiss as she swatted her hand at him.