Chapter 29

(AN: There will be mature content in this chapter.)

February 14th, 1989

Amanda

February 14, 1989. This was a date that I'll never forget. This is the official date that Duff and I officially started our cohabitation.

#

Flashback (Night of February 13, 1989)

My parents and I had a long discussion about me living with Duff. It wasn't easy, but they said that they had faith in me. My dad said that I had become responsible from the day I decided to work at my job at the mall. He knew that me living with Duff was just another responsibility that I was taking on. 

My mom was sad because I was leaving their house. She kept repeating to my dad how "her baby was leaving the nest." She was close to crying, but she was trying not to. She was going to make me cry too. My dad was the mediator in this discussion. He started to explain to my mom that this day would be coming sooner or later. In this case, it happened to be much sooner than they both expected. They eventually agreed that I can move in with Duff under one condition. I have to call them at least twice a week. They wanted to make sure that I would not fall behind with my classes and they just wanted to make sure that I was all right. My dad said that even though I would not be living with them, they are always a phone call away. They will always be there and they will always help me regardless of where I live. I even told my parents that the location of Duff's apartment is actually closer to the college. I wouldn't have to drive such a long distance like I used to. I packed all of the things that I would need when I move to Duff's place. My dad helped me with all of the boxes that I have packed. His car had more space than mine so we were able to fit more boxes. I'm glad he helped me move all my stuff to Duff's place. When we finally got to the last boxes my dad told me how proud he was of me. He said he didn't mind if I lived with him and mom even if I was in my 30s. I started laughing at that statement and I told him that they will get tired of me. He said that it wasn't like that, but he can understand why I chose to move out of the house.

"I'm proud of you, honey." Steven said while he hugged Amanda in front of Duff's apartment building. Amanda hugged him back.

"Thanks, dad." Amanda hugged him back. "Thank you for everything and for always believing in me."

"I've always believed in you. You're a very smart girl and I believe in your choices. If you're ever stuck or just need someone to listen, you can always call me or your mom. Even though she can't show it at this moment in her current emotional state, she's also very proud of you." Steven explained.

"I know. I guess I better get going." Amanda pointed to the apartment front door of the building.

Steven nodded his head and he opened his car door and sat in the driver seat. He waved from the car to Amanda and he drove away.

End of Flashback

#

Here I am. I have officially moved in Duff's apartment on Valentine's Day. It was now midnight. I was standing on the balcony and I was enjoying the view from Duff's apartment. I don't want to say this to Duff yet, but the reason why I agreed almost immediately to moving in with him is because I hope I can prevent him from using drugs. It's hard to tell when he's using drugs, but I do suspect that he is using some type of a drug. I can still remember how his facial expressions were during Motley Crue's party. It looked like he was a bit out there. He looked disorganized. He looked lost. He seemed unfocused. Even when I asked him about the puncture wounds he said it was nothing. I remember he changed the topic very quickly. He was definitely denying it. I'm not going to confront him yet, but now I'm a bit more aware of what is going on. I also moved in with Duff because I love him so much. He wasn't wrong when he said on our date that he was tired of us always having to say goodnight to each other and leave. Now we can say goodnight while we are both laying in bed together.