Epilogue

Marriage is difficult. That is why some people are so afraid of it. They avoid it whenever they can. But it will also take two scared people to make a marriage work. Scared to lose the other... scared to make the other cry... scared to not have given up enough of themselves...

You go into marriage, unsure of what the future holds for you yet confident that whatever it may be, you have your other half to help you get through it.

"For better or worse" are just words. "Forever" is not really a guarantor of a long and happy life. But I guess the words would mean a lot kung sasamahan mo ng gawa.

I was more of a thinker than a doer. And he's more of a doer than a thinker. We have so many opposites than similarities but there's one thing we agreed on to make things work despite the differences.

We compromise.

And we stick to our vows. We remind each other of the reasons why we got married in the first place. And every day, we make it work. And every day, it works out.

It's not always easy... but by taking it a day at a time, it lessens the complication.

When day 32 started, I was still hesitant, confused and unsure. But as the days go by, I started to learn to trust him more. I learned to trust myself more.

And when I got married, I stopped counting the days.

The trial period is over. Now, I get to love him for keeps.