Chapter 15.

Daniel had called an ambulance and they took David away, David returned three days later.
The summer had began to come to a close.
And as it did, Max started to stay closer to David and Daniel.
David currently sat in his room as Daniel laid in his bed, asleep.
Max opened up the door and walked inside, shutting the door behind him.
"Hi, Max." David turned to look at the small boy.
"Hi, Dad." Max looked around before he realized his mistake.
And judging by the surprised look and grin on David's face, he wasn't going to hear the end of this any time soon.
"Aw Max!" David smiled and quickly pulled Max into a hug.
Max squirmed around.
David let go of him after a minute, smiling.
"We never, ever are going to talk about this again." Max glared
"Alright fine." David chuckled.
Max sat down on the ground and Todd hopped onto his lap.
Daniel suddenly shot up awake.
"What's wrong Daniel?" David looks at him.
"I thought I heard something, I thought I heard a scream." He sighed and stretched.
"Well no one was screaming, Daniel." David turned back around in his seat.
Max then screamed, just for no reason, scaring Todd and making him hide under the bed.
"Was that necessary Max?" David sighed.
Max turned to look at him. "Yes, it was."
David rolled his eyes.
"So Max, are you excited to be going home next week?" Daniel asked and yawned.
"Uh no." Max replied with a sigh.
"Oh? Why not?" Daniel looked down at the curly haired boy.
"Cause, my dad's an asshole, and so is my mom. That's why." Max sighed.
"Max, they can't be that bad." David looked at him.
"Oh but they can." Max looked straight into David's eyes.
"Here's just a few things they've done: slapped me, yelled at me for nothing, beat me, ignored me, never gave me help when I needed it, nearly threw me down the stairs, kept me out of the house in the rain all night, and have threatened me multiple times!" Max glared. "And that's not even everything!"
David became worried fast, and it was clear Daniel did too.
"Did they hurt you in any other way? Like, burns, cuts?" David got off his chair and knelt down in front of him.
"Yeah, a few times." Max mumbled, hugging his knees to his chest.
"Can I see..?" David asked quietly.
Max shook his head.
"Max.. please.." David sighed.
Max looked at David with a blank stare.
Max sighed quietly before he took his hoodie off and pointed to a pretty deep scar on his arm.
"There. That's one." He put his hoodie back on before he was pulled into a hug by David.
"I'm sorry Max.." David sighed.
Daniel got up from the bed and was about to walk over to them before he tripped and fell as Todd ran to the door.
Max laughed and David quickly helped him up.
Daniel sighed.
"Thank you David." He walked to the door and opened the door for Todd.
Todd ran outside to go on a quick walk.
"Daniel, your hair is a mess." David Chuckles.
Daniel turned to David and looked at him.
"I don't care." He walked to the bed and sat down.
"Well I'm fixing it." David got up and grabbed the hairbrush, walking over to Daniel.
He started to fix the blonde's hair, and after a few minutes his hair wasn't messy anymore and was fluffed up like normal.
Max then screamed again, jumping onto the bed.
"Are you okay Max?" David asked, tilting his head.
"There's a spider!" Max screamed and pointed to a small spider on the floor.
David rolled his eyes and chuckled before he placed his hand down and allowed the spider to crawl onto it.
"Max, its harmless!" David looks at Max. "Will it make you feel better if I put it outside?"
Max only nodded.
David walked to the door and went outside, knocking the spider off into the grass.
"It's gone now, Max!" David walked back inside.
Max got off the bed and sat back down on the spot he sat at before.
"So what's the plans for today, David?" Daniel looked over at him.
"I don't know, I don't really have any plans." David sighed.
"Maybe we could go out somewhere for dinner or movie or something." Daniel suggested.
"I want to go too." Max sighed, laying down on the ground. "I don't want to stay at camp and do nothing."
"Well I'm fine with that, and a movie sounds good." David smiled.
"Alright then." Daniel smiled at the two.
Max got up after a minute and decided to go spend some time with Neil and Nikki.
David and Daniel just talked for a while, before Daniel decided to take a nap, again.
And David decided to finish up his book, occasionally looking back at Daniel as he flipped the pages.
No more Jen.
Nothing to worry about.
They were all okay and safe.

(This one is a bit short so I'm very very sorry but I hope you all like it!)