Chapter 29.

David eventually cleared up a day to go visit his mother, Daniel agreeing to come with Max and David.

Daniel helped get Todd in the car, along with peak-a-boo, since Max wanted the two come.

David said a goodbye to Gwen, Jen and Jasper, trusting them to watch over the campers while they were gone.

David then drove off to go to the house.

Daniel was obviously nervous, not knowing what to expect from this visit.

David did his best to try and reassure him that he'd be fine, and that he didn't need to worry.

Max played with peak-a-boo as he sat in the back. He was bored just being stuck in the back, but had fun playing with the small kitten.

After around 20 minuets, the three had arrived at the house, Daniel dreading even stepping out of the car.

David gave him a quick peck on the lips, gently grabbing Daniel's hand, looking at him.

"Daniel, you don't need to worry, okay? She will love you." David said, smiling gently.

"Are you sure..?" Daniel asked, as David moved a few strands of hair against Daniel's head.

"I'm sure, Danny." David said, kissing Daniel's cheek.

With that, Daniel slowly got out of the car, opening up the back door for Max, who hopped out, holding Peak-a-boo in one arm, and had Mr. Honeynuts in the other.
Todd hopped out of the car, running around Max in a circle, but then stopped to follow David and Daniel to the door, Max right beside him.
Daniel nervously shifted from one foot to the other as David knocked on the door.
Daniel grabbed David's hand once again as a redheaded woman opened the door, her sorrow filled grey eyes lighting up as she saw her son.
She pulled David close in a hug, David not hesitating to hug back.

"Hi mom." David said, pulling away with a smile.

He carefully picked up Max.

"This is Max." David smiled as Max gave a small wave.

"And this is Daniel." He pointed to Daniel, who gave a nervous smile.

"Well," David's mother began. "My name is Ashely." She held out a hand for Daniel to shake.

Daniel shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you." He said, giving a small nod.

Ashely stepped into the house, to let them all in.

Todd ran into the house at full speed.
David set Max down and looked around.

"Watch this." He smiled.

"Buddy! I'm home!" David shouted out into the house.

A short pause before big loud thuds came from one of the room and then in a flash, a big Doberman Pincer ran over to David, nearly trampling him.

The dog Daniel assumed to be "Buddy", was all over David, licking his face and barking.

"Hi Buddy!" David said happily, kneeling down. "I know you missed me, but I'm back!" He said in a baby voice, the same one he used to talk with Peak-a-boo and Todd.

Max hesitantly reached over to pet the dog, who rolled over to his side and laid down, the little nub that was a tail, wagging so fast they could barely see it.

Daniel slowly walked around, looking at pictures that hung on the walls. David looked so happy in them, his beautiful green eyes sparkled in each picture, and his big bright smile captured in each picture.
Daniel noticed that David's eyes had since dulled from when he was a kid, from that bright Jade green, to the now forest green color, that his smile faded to a frown, and his once perfect and untouched skin had been marked by burns, bites, bruises, and scars.
But the happy personality, sadly never left.
Daniel sighed.
Oh how he wished David was like that today, with those bright eyes, perfect skin, and a big smile.
He wished that those things never left his dear David.