Chapter 23.

David didn't sleep that night, and everything got worse the next morning.
Daniel was in a bad mood.
A very very bad mood.
Daniel found a way to blame everything that went wrong on David.
If a cup broke, it was David's fault.
Whatever happened was always his fault.
David would flinch each time Daniel raised a hand to hit him.
David would hide each time, but Daniel always found a way to beat him, ever so careful to not leave a bruise or scratch.
Daniel wouldn't do anything if people were around, he wouldn't strike David, but he would instead lean to David and reassure him that something would be coming to him later.
David still kept the never fading smile on his face during the day, it never faded for a minute.
Daniel would give David little kisses when he walked by him, a loving smile on his face.
But the look in his eyes was anything but loving. If anything, it was the kind of look it hat someone had if their eyes landed upon a pile of garbage. Disgust.
This made David feel even worse about himself than before.
David sighed and walked over to a bench, sitting down and rested his head in his arms.
Maybe a small nap would help, he didn't sleep all night so he was exhausted.

Big mistake.

When David woke up, he found himself tied upside down to the flagpole.
The ropes practically crushed him as they pinned his body to the pole.
He saw a familiar blonde walk towards him, and of course, it was Daniel.
David struggled against the ropes that bound him to the pole, but to no avail, the ropes did not seem to loosen even the least bit.
Daniel chuckled and looked at his forest loving boyfriend.
"Do you need help, David?" Daniel asked with a grin.
"No, I'm completely fine just staying here, while all the blood rushes to my head." David said sarcastically. "Of course I need help!"
Daniel chuckled. "I need to say though, you do look cute all tied up, David." Daniel made his way towards the back of the flag pole, taking his sweet, sweet time to untie the knots that bound him to the pole.
After a minute Daniel suddenly asked a question.
"Have you ever tried any alcoholic drinks?"
David sighed. "No."
"Why don't you try some tonight?" Daniel asked.
"I'll pass." David wiggled his feet around.
"David, that wasn't an option." Daniel chuckled.
David went silent with that.
Soon David was set free from the ropes.

David needed to go to the store that day as well, so he decided to bring the whole family along with him.

They walked down the street, Max on David's shoulders, Daniel holding David's hand, and Todd by their side.
They talked and laughed, and kids came up asking to pet Todd, while parents stood there confused on why a man had a Fox.
Max laughed at the parent's confused looks.
David would steel quick kisses from Daniel once he got the chance, and Daniel didn't seem to mind.
"Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad! Daaaaaaad!" Max repeated as he tried to get David's attention.
"Yes Max?" David responded to the small boy.
"Can we get ice cream?" Max asked.
"Of course!" David smiled brightly.
Daniel was just about to say something but stopped as he heard some kid shout.
"EAT A DIIIIIIIIICK!"
"What the fuck?" Daniel turned towards the shouting kid, but was met with a water bottle to the face.
Max held back a laugh.
Daniel walked over to the laughing child, who stared down at their phone typing something. They seemed around 13, and had pink hair with the original brown roots showing. A wide braced grin plastered to her face as she giggled to herself.
"Hey, kid, why the fuck did you throw that water bottle at me??" Daniel asked, clearly annoyed.
The girl looked up from her phone and was just about to say something before she noticed who it was, and saw the others walking towards Daniel.
She looked at her phone and then back at the group before shooting up.

"WELL SHIT. I BROKE THE FOURTH FUCKING WALL." She shouted with fake enthusiasm.
Daniel and David gave each other confused glances.

"WELP I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS SHIT, GOOD GOING ME." She threw her hands into the air.
"CAN'T FIX THAT SHIT LILY, GREAT JOB!" She turned and started to rush off.

"Fourth wall?" David asked confused.
Daniel only shrugged and went back to walking. David soon followed with Max and Todd.

(Blarg!! Sorry this is so darn short, but I hope you like it, I'll try to make the next one longer, but I've had an off week since my mom is currently in California. Also yes, my name is Lily, and yesterday i looked in the mirror and what do I see? I see me and my ugly acne breakouts :,) and I smiled at myself, and I quietly whispered to myself: "I look like Edward fucking Pikemen and I hate it." And my sister heard this (somehow) and laughed her ass off.)