8

"I hope you got everything you needed for the article," Aomine said as he stood next to Kagami at his office door.

Kagami forced himself to smile.  It wasn't like he was in any way unhappy, he was just having the hardest time finding the appropriate reactions to Aomine.  Kagami nodded, "Yes, thank you."  Though he wasn't sure that was true.  The rest of the interview had ended up with Aomine asking questions and evading answering any of Kagami's questions.  Still, Kagami didn't want to seem ungrateful.  But now he knew that he was an awful interviewer.

Aomine opened the door for him.  Kagami couldn't help blushing and swallowing unnecessarily.  He nodded again and quickly stepped out of the office, the door clicking shut behind him.

Momoi was still at her desk.  She smiled at Kagami as he walked out.  Kagami smiled back and hoped that it seemed sincere and not fake.  "Thank you for setting this up."

"Say hello to Kuroko for me," she just kept smiling, even giggling a little.

Kagami swallowed and kept walking to the elevator, "Will do."  He pressed the button for the elevator down, he just wanted to get out of this building and as far away as he could.  The interview had gone even worse than he'd imagined.  How could he have been so nervous he let Aomine control the entire session to the point where he was interviewing Kagami.

After what felt like 10 minutes of waiting, the elevator doors finally slid open.  Kagami walked in, pushing the button for the ground floor.  When the doors slid shut, he let out a long sigh.  He just wanted to get home and give Kuroko all the notes and have done with it.  He wasn't suited to be in classy places like this.

[AN: this chapter is short, I know, I'm sorry! XD just wasn't too inspired at the moment! But let's be honest, this story is going to go on for a while, so it's okay to be a little patient 😅]