Six

[I need to chill w these updates]

I woke up from a nightmare at three in the morning. I sat up in bed and grabbed my phone. Pete. I wanted Pete. I dialed his number and pressed my phone to my ear. It rang for a good three dial tones, and he actually picked up.

"Hello?" he grumbled in annoyance and obvious sleepiness.

"I'm sorry" I said gently "I just, had a stupid nightmare and you were the first person I thought of"

"Don't apologize" he mumbled "It's okay"

"I feel shitty"

"Don't. Just talk to me till you fall asleep"
——
"Whats your biggest dream for the future?" Pete asked me while we laid on my bed.  I had Brendon on the look out for my parents.  I wanted time with Pete.  Time that wasn't being forced to stay in a damn forest.  I pouted a little.

"Find someone who loves me, and wake up next to them every morning" I said gently "And figure out how life works with them.  Figure out how to be okay.  What about you?" I asked. 

"The same thing" he said quietly.  He looked over at me.  "I never wanted to be a villain"

"You wouldn't make a very good one anyway" I said teasingly "Flower child"

"Shut up" he laughed.  He sat up.  "I need to go" he said gently "Gotta get up to my brothers" He started to get off my bed but I grabbed his hand. 

"Stay here" I said gently "Please" He turned around giving me a look that said 'you know thats a bad idea'.  I frowned "I don't care" I said   "I'm sick of caring what everyone else thinks.  Stay the night" He crawled back into my bed and laid down next to me. 

"Fine" he said "I will"

"I'm gonna tell Brendon" I said happily.  I got up and hopped downstairs.  He was sitting on the couch.  I jumped and sat next to him.  "Pete's spending the night.  I don't want him missing more school to go to his brothers.  I don't really care what mom or dad thinks anymore" Brendon half smiled at me.

"I'm proud of you" he said.  I got up "No sex!" he yelled as I happily ran upstairs. 

"Fuck you!" I yelled back.  I walked back into my bedroom and flopped on top of Pete. 

"Why're you so happy about this?" he asked chuckling.  I didn't reply.  It was too easy to answer.  I could finally sleep next to the man I was falling for.