Seventeen

"It's weird that my super villain is my own dad" I said as Brendon stepped outside with me. He sat next to me silently.  "And even after all that, Pete still wants us to be apart for a little to think about some stuff"

"You guys'll make it though that" he said gently "As for dad, the doc said he'll be fine, but they're locking him in an institution for alcoholism"

"So basically, our mom ditched us, and our dads psycho but hey, we get the house to ourselves right?" I asked sarcastically.

"I'm your legal guardian until he gets out or you turn 18" he ran his hand down my hair "Don't think into Pete too much"

"I get the boy, and the super powers, and I'm still sitting here depressed" I said in annoyance.

"Go talk to Pete, you need your best friend right now" He said.

"You're my other best friend, I'm fine talking to you" I said.

"Patrick, I'm serious, go talk to him"

"He wants me to leave him alone right now, I'm gonna go to the woods to think" I said gently "Thank you for listening"
——
I looked up when I slammed into something, or someone. Pete whipped around quickly. We both stared at each other.

"Did you follow-"

"I was about to ask you that so I guess both of us got our answer" I said. He sighed. "I'm glad you're here, I need to talk to my best friend"

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Yeah" I whispered. He pulled me into a tight hug. I closed my eyes getting comfortable. "I'm sorry, about it all. I don't care anymore Pete I just want you"

"I love you" he said quietly "Fighting is stupid"

"I agree" I mumbled.

"Now what?"

"Now, we just try and push through"
——
It almost felt weird going back to my normal every day high school life after every bit of drama that went down in my life. It was kind of boring actually. I walked down the hall lonely and tired. I was trudging around looking homeless in my boyfriend's sweatpants and shirt. Pete walked over to me with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He was about as tired as I was. I forced him to sleep over and woke him up continuously with my ridiculous nightmares. It was my fault he was sleepy. I leant up and kissed him though I wasn't supposed to. No PDA. Of course, that didn't apply with straight couples. But, I was too tired to fight injustice today. I pulled away and smiled a little.

"Coffee after school?" he asked.

"As if you have to ask" I said.

"I hate the way that fucker looks at you" he growled. I turned around staring right at Andy. Andy had a mix of want and hate sketched onto his face. I grabbed Petes hand and led him completely away.

"Ignore him" I said quietly. Was I telling him, or myself?