Seven

"No!" my mom yelled "You cannot see this boy anymore!" She stared at Pete "Get out of my house!" He started heading for the door.

"Pete" I said "Wait" I directly stared my mom in the eyes "If I can't talk to him, see him, or be near him under your roof, then I won't live under it" I snapped. 

"You're only 17" she said "You're stuck here as long as I say so"

"Try me" I growled.  I stepped up to them both.  My dad rammed his fist across my face sending me to the ground.  I yelled out in pain.  Pete ran at him but, my dad had super strength.  He sent him straight to the ground with me.  I held my eye.  Pete got up and went at my dad again.  No use, he threw him back against the wall.  "Pete" I said weakly.  I got up running to him.  He stared at me dizzily.  I helped him up to his feet.  He fell forward against me. 

"Patrick" he said hoarsely "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, are you okay?" I asked.  He laughed spitting out some blood. 

"You didn't grow up with my brother, that was nothing" He looked over at my parents.  "Nothing" he sneered at my dad.  He was weak against my parents, but he acted like he could take them on for hours.  He stared at me and waved his fingers around.  He placed a rose behind my ear.  He pressed his lips against my ear.  "You can't get rid of me this easy" I felt him smile.  He grabbed his hip as he walked to the door.  I felt the rose pinching it by the stem between my fingers.  Tears pricked my eyes as I stared at it between my fingers.  I looked up at my parents. 

"You only ever think about yourselves don't you?" I whimpered.  The front door opened.

"Patrick!?" Brendon yelled.  He ran in and spotted me.  "Pete told me everything when he ran into me as I was coming home" He ran to my side checking my eye.  "God that looks bad" He looked over at my parents "Really?" he snapped.

"He wanted to act tough" my dad snapped.

"He's powerless dad!" Brendon yelled "Not only is he powerless even if he had a fucking power you still have super strength!  Come on, Petes in my car, your both going to the hospital" He said. 

"You have no right to take him anywhere" My mom said.

"You have no right to hit your son and forbid him seeing someone that's only brought him happiness" Brendon sneered "You don't need to make his life hell.  He's a good person.  He may be powerless, but dammit he's a better hero than both of you" He grabbed my hand leading me out of the house.  Pete was leaning against the car.  I ran to him and hugged him trying not to hurt him.  He shoved his face in my hair.  I sobbed loudly against him. 

"You're okay" he mumbled "I'm right here"

"You may have been Petes hero but right now he's yours" Brendon said gently "Come on guys"