Eight

Pete watched them as they examined me.  He had already been taken care of completely. 

"Follow my finger with your eyes" the doctor said.  I did.  He nodded.  "You're walking fine, talking fine, and your eyes seem to be fine.  No signs of things like concussions.  Just a really bad black eye.  And bruises down your backside from the landing.  What exactly is your skillset?" he asked.  He used his power to heal up my black eye in seconds.  Most doctors and nurses had healing powers.  Petes injuries were also gone. 

"Uhm, I'm powerless" I said gently.  He stared at me with a raised eyebrow.

"The son of the two strongest heroes alive?  Did your doctor test you properly?" he asked. 

"Test me properly?" I asked.  He smiled a little at me.

"Come with me, I have a series of tests that I think would be useful.  You not having a power doesn't sound right to me" he said.  I got up with him.

"Uhm" I said pausing "Pete-"

"He can come too" He said.  Pete looked up at us from the ground.  "And your brother" we all looked at Brendon. 
——
The tests were simple things.  Blood tests, strength tests, urine tests.  He walked back into the waiting room while I was half asleep on Pete's shoulder. 

"Sorry for the long wait, we're doctors not miracle workers" he said.  I smiled a little at him lightening the mood.  He pulled his chair up and sat in front of us.  "Patrick, your tests show that you in fact will have a power" My head shot up.  "In fact, we can't tell you what power you will have, but we do have a list narrowed down as to what it might be" he handed me the list "Powers can however be random, your brother's power was derived from your grandfather, and your fathers from your grandmothers.  Thus proving most of the time it isn't at random.  However rare cases do happen, like Pete" he said tilting his head to the side "You're different arent you?"

"Some days I think I'm adopted" Pete grumbled.

"You're not adopted"

"Sadly" Pete said. 

"Your power is actually rare" The doctor said standing "Creating life from thin air is a power rarely found.  Even, if the life is a simple flower. There's a reason you have that power" He grabbed his flip chart "No charge for some of the kindest and most powerful people I've ever met.  Have a good night" he smiled and left.  I read over the list.  Pete and Brendon both read with me over my shoulder. 

Super Strength
Flight
Speed
Glow

"The fuck is glow?" I asked.

"It's when you can glow in the dark" Pete said.

"If thats my power I'm not even joking, I genuinely will slam my head in a locker" I said.

"Shush" Brendon said.  We continued to read.

Laser Beams
Flower Life

"I could have your power" I said smirking at Pete.  He stuck his tongue out at me, and I returned the favor.  We smiled going back to the list.

Water Control
Fire Creation
and finally, Magnet.

"If my power if glow or magnet I'm suing the author of this story" I said to Pete.  He shook his head smiling.  We all sighed loudly. 

"I definitely don't wanna take you guys home" Brendon said gently "But, if Patrick stays out I know my parents'll either report him as a runaway, or me as a kidnapper"

"I'll go home, Brendon'll be with me anyway" I said to Pete when he clenched up.

"I don't want you hurt" he said in my ear.

"I'll be okay" I said smiling. I kissed his cheek. He pressed his hand to my cheek. "I'll see
you at school tomorrow" He nodded. I smiled a little. Brendon started heading out of the room. I tried to follow him, but Pete grabbed my hand. He spun me around so fast my head spun and kissed me. I practically fell backwards. He grabbed my waist pulling me closer, and finally I kissed him back. I hugged his neck tightly sliding my tongue across his bottom lip. He pulled away and opened his eyes staring into mine. "Damn" I whispered "That was everything I dreamed it'd be"

"Good" He ran the back of his hand down my cheek. I pecked his lips again. "Go" he said. He kissed me again rougher than a peck but it was as long as a peck, and pushed me to the door. I walked out for a second, but I smiled widely and ran back in hugging him tightly. He stumbled hugging me back.

"Okay, I'm going now" I said. He chuckled as I ran after Brendon smiling like a damn idiot.