Twenty Four

I woke up to Pete's soft, gentle voice talking to me. Clearly he didn't realize I was awake.

"I love you" he mumbled "I wanna tell you that every second. I'm sorry, you're living this life. You deserve better. You deserve the whole world on a silver platter" he sighed a little "Am I crazy for talking to a sleeping person?  Maybe.  I don't know.  I guess I'm telling you the things I don't have the guts to tell you in real life.  You're just, everything to me.  Amazing, and wonderful all at once.  I'm glad you rescued me that day" He kissed my forehead, so I stirred a little.  I opened my eyes slowly.  "Patrick" he said "How long have you been awake?" he asked nervously.  I considered telling him that I heard everything he said.  Every beautiful word.

"I just woke up" I lied.

"Oh" he sighed in relief.

"Hey Pete?  I'm sorry I was treating you so shittily.  I guess, I just wasn't me" I said sitting up "You don't deserve that, and I'll try to be better for you" He smiled a little.  He kissed my nose, making my face scrunch up.  I smiled, and got out of bed grabbing my towel.  "I'm gonna shower"

"Okay" he said smiling.  I headed to the bathroom but, paused.  I turned around to face the love of my life.

"You deserve the universe on a silver platter" I said "Why you decided to waste your time with me, well that's a mystery, but I love you.  I'm glad you chose me.  And I'm sorry you live the life you live, because you deserve better too" I let out a shaky breath, and headed for my bathroom again.
——
"They'll be here any minute" I said to Pete who was studying on the couch.  I sat down next to him kissing his neck a little.  "According to Brendon my father seems like a new man"

"That's good" Pete mumbled flipping the textbook page.  His eyes scanned it thoroughly.  I smiled at him with goo goo eyes.  I was so lucky.  I kissed his neck again.  This time, a little bit more.  I grabbed his bicep, and kissed his jawline.  He dropped the book from his hands, and kissed me roughly.  With everything going on, we hadn't been as sexually involved as we both would've wanted to be.  He moved his mouth to my neck kissing it heavily.  And then, the front door opened.  Pete jumped off of me falling onto the floor.  I fell with him since he grabbed onto me to stay on the couch.  I landed on top of him with a thud. 

"Ow" Pete groaned.  I laughed a little bit in his ear. 

"What'd I miss?" Brendon asked.  I laid my head on my boyfriends chest. 

"Nothing unusual" I sighed.   I sat up climbing off Pete.  I helped him up, and we all stared at my dad.  He was staring at me wordlessly. And the expression on his face, made my stomach turn.