Eleven

I laid on my bed thinking about everything that took place.  My parents were getting a divorce.  My mother was leaving us and moving in with some guy.  And we were stuck with my asshole dad.  Well, I was.  Brendon could leave he was old enough.  My mom knew what my dad was like, and she was leaving us with him?  What a bitch.  I sat up slowly.  I blew Pete off.  I ran from the restaurant so fast, and I knew Brendon was covering for me with everyone.  I just got up and ran.  Having powers made that easier. 

"Patrick?" Brendon asked from my doorway.

"I'm fine" I mumbled.  He sighed.  "Pete" I said gently. 

"Hm?" He asked.  I knew it.  I knew he was with him and I didn't even have to look.

"I can't sleep, come help me" I said gently.  He walked over to me and laid down.  I heard Brendon close my bedroom door gently.  Pete snuggled up against me.  "Can I tell you something?" I whispered while a tear fell down my cheek.

"Anything" he said.

"I just, feel really hopeless" I mumbled "And I'm supposed to be a hero, I'm supposed to be the strong one because of the thoughts you struggle with.  But, I'm not strong right now.  I feel weak"

"You're allowed to" he said "You can't always be strong"

"I know" I said whimpering a little. 

"You can cry" he said gently.  I turned and shoved my head in his chest letting out a loud wail sounding type of sob.  "It's gonna be okay" he said.  I sniffled.  "You're gonna be okay" I looked up into his eyes.

"I love you" I sniffled.  He smiled a little.

"I love you too" He whispered.