Ch. 3

"Merlin..."

I heard the all too familiar voice ring down the corridor. I turned around and I saw him standing there. He was taller now, his voice was deeper as his hair was the same sandy blonde I last remembered. His eyes were as blue as the ocean, so beautiful, I could drown in them.

I didn't say a word, I just looked at him, admiring him. I felt myself grow emotional, yet it was more than one emotion; happiness, sadness, fear, anxious, peaceful, all bundled up in one.

I walked down the hall and I watched as he walked towards me. I smiled as I let the tears, which I didn't notice forming in my eyes, spill. This was something I wanted to happen. This was what I needed.

I was about to call his name when I saw a man in a robe, covered up, show up in front of Arthur. I couldn't make up what happened but I watched as Arthur collapsed. The man walked away, the inside of the hood covered in black. It was as if the person didn't exist, but his actions were real. I watched as Arthur fell to his knees, clutching his stomach.

He looked up at me, the red, devilish liquid surrounding him.

"Arthur!"

My eyes shot opened as I sat up quickly. I gasped as if I hadn't been breathing the whole while I slept.

It was all just a nightmare.

¤~¤~¤~¤~¤

Morning came by and I felt so comfortable I didn't want to get up. But, not just because I was gone for so long meant that Gaius would treat me differently. The door to my room flew open and I was woken up by the old man's voice.

"Oi! Get up you lazy boy. You got chores."

I groaned and sat up as I rubbed my eyes before looking at Gaius. He was giving me that 'get up before I throw water at your face' look. I smiled slightly. 

"What? Why?" I asked in fake disbelief.

"Because you can't leave this place so you might as well clean. And without magic." he said and made his way out.

I smiled at the memories of all the times he walked in and caught me cleaning with the help of magic. I stood up and changed into my daily clothes before making my way out of my room. I strode across the room and to the table, taking a seat on one side of the bench.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Oh come on. Don't you want me to have a special meal?" I grinned.

Gaius looked at me with a serious face.

"A 'Welcome back' meal?"

Still he only looked like a grumpy old man and I nodded as my smile faded.

"Okay. I get it."

"I won't be long." he said and walked out.

I smiled and waved as I watched him leave. I sighed and looked around before I stood up and started cleaning up. I started by fixing Gaius' bed, leaving it nice and neat. I then started to collect all the unnecessary equipment to put away when the door opened. I quickly turned around but sighed in relief as I saw it was Gaius. He walked in with a tray full of food and some water. I smiled.

"You do care!" I teased him.

"Shush. Come and eat."

I chuckled and we both sat down, enjoying our breakfast as we spoke some more. We mainly spoke of what we've both been up to, and I was trying hard to keep anything of Arthur out of the conversation.