Ch. 8

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

I looked at Gaius as he slammed the door closed and locked it. I didn't answer and I was about to walk to my room when he stopped me.

"You think Arthur hated you then? Well, he will now when he finds out you almost killed his father."

I glanced at him but ripped my arm off his grip. I walked into my room and closed the door. I was done with it all. I couldn't handle it.

I couldn't handle myself.

¤~¤~¤~¤~¤
Arthur's P.O.V

I sat on my bed as soon as Merlin left. I clenched my jaw, tears threatening to spill. God, I hated myself.

I didn't hate Merlin. I never could. No matter what. I hated myself for letting him get away and now that I kept seeing him, I kept getting reminded of how much he suffered. He held that secret in him for so long and I can't begin to imagine how he felt. He was living a secret life under a dangerous ruler - my father.

All the times he tried to tell me but I would ignore him or I'd say or do something that caused him to stop. I know I said I would wait but I couldn't handle the pain. I did so much for him yet he left me. We were gonna leave together. We were gonna be together, but I wasn't sure if that goal still stood.

I saw how angry he was and I didn't blame him for the words he said to me.

"Fine. The last thing I wanted to do was come back. So I'm more than happy to leave. You're on your own. And you won't be seeing me ever again."

I watched as he left and then I was here. Except I was no longer holding in my tears and was actually crying. I missed him like crazy. When I first saw him I wanted so badly to hug him and tell him how much I wanted him to stay. I wanted to hold him. To kiss him. God, I'm such an idiot.

I stayed there, beating myself over and over again. I then decided enough was enough. I stood up and made my way out of my room. The halls were quiet, too quiet. I then heard some shouting. I furrowed my brows and listened. It was Morgana and Gaius. I sprinted towards the sound that was coming from my father's room. I stopped as I saw Guinevere.

"Arthur!"

"Guinevere! What's going on?"

She tried catching her breath, "It's Merlin-"

"Is he hurt?" I cut her off.

She hook her head, "No. Arthur...he- he almost killed your father."

I felt the blood drain from my face. I looked up and quickly made my way. All I managed to see was Gaius quickly following after Merlin. I looked into the room and saw Morgana trying to help Uther.

"Don't touch me!" he yelled.

She flinched and stepped back as she cried.

"I-I... I'm so sorry." she cried.

"Get out. And not just out of my room." he growled.

Morgana started to run but stopped as she saw me. Her face showed such emotions I hadn't seen in her for a long while. She was so sad and scared. I wanted to reach out and hug her and tell her it'll be okay.

"I'm sorry." she whispered to me before storming past me.

I walked further inside and watched my father fix himself in bed. He looked up at me and I stayed silent not wanting to speak just yet.

"What did you do?"

He looked at me in disbelief, "Are you blaming me?"

"Merlin has always protected and saved people. He has saved me more times than I can count with both hands...and now I'm hearing he almost killed you?"