Holly Doesn't Want To Get Pregnant

Song of the Chapter: Radio Free Europe by R.E.M.

WARNING: UNEDITED!!

A repetitive knock on the window behind Holly caused her to jolt up from her sleep so quickly, she slid off of her bed and onto her bedroom floor. Sitting up on her floor, she turned to the window to see Bill. After giving him an annoyed look of disbelief, she moved to open the window.

Her blanket, however had other ideas. Her old, floral blanket was wrapped around her ankles causing her feet to halt in motion and her to fall onto her bedroom floor. Again. Through the window, she could hear Bill laughing at her misfortune. After untangling her legs, she finally opened the window.

"What do you want?" She whisper-yelled, not in any mood to deal with her hopefully sleeping mother and whatever man-friend she had over.

"The Bar-rr-barrens." Bill answered. Holly's mouth dropped.

"I forgot!" She tried to keep her voice down, eyes wide as she jumped.

"Well ge-get ready, we're meeting th-th-the others at Eddie's." He told the brunette.

"Yeah, you could've come when I had pants on." Holly admitted, her hand pulling her oversized sleep shirt over her underwear. The boy's faces reddened as his eyes widened. Holly chuckled at his embarrassment. "Don't look." She commanded her friend.

The boy turned around and she closed her curtains. The fabric was nearly see-through but she trusted that Bill wouldn't turn around. He wasn't the type that would sneak a glance. Walking to the old wooden dresser, she picked out a simple outfit.

Once her jean shorts and striped shirt of various colors where on, she grabbed her backpack. She grabbed a flashlight from the top of her dresser before opening her door and peeking her head out.

Her mother's door was shut and no noise was heard through the apartment. With light footsteps, she went to her kitchen. She scoured her cabinets for food to bring. If she was stuck at the Barrens all day, she needed her snacks.

After filling up a water bottle, she found only granola bars and a few Fruit-Rolls-Ups, she gave up. Turning around, she came face to face with Bill. She would have screamed if Bill hadn't have smacked his hand over her mouth.

"Really?" She tilted her head as her words muffled through Bill's hand. Bill yanked his hand away.

"Come on." Holly whispered to the him, passing him and entering her room once again. He followed behind and she stopped to put on her new blue converse over the socks she already had on.

Bill crawled through her window and onto the fire escape. She crawled out as well, pulling her window nearly closed behind her. She turned to face her friend, who was standing still.

"Are we going or are we standing here all day?" She says with a smile. Her sarcastic humor could be seen as harsh or mean by some, but her friends knew she was just joking. In reality, she couldn't hurt a fly, unless that fly hurt her or her friends first. Bill broke into a smile as they began walking towards Eddie's house.

_____________________________

"Okay, first you say the Barrens. And then you say the sewers. What if we get caught?" Eddie asks, paranoid.

"We won't." Bill assures him. Holly looks to the cabinet Richie is searching through, full of various candies and unhealthy snacks. Her eyes land on a small box of Cracker Jacks. Upon reading the title of her favorite snack, her eyes widen. She reaches for the box, Richie's eyes landing on her.