Realizations

Songs of the Chapter:

Sweet Dreams(Are Made of This) by Eurythmics

Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart

(These are two of my all time favorite songs EVER!)

WARNING: UNEDITED

______________

Holly laid, sprawled out on her bedroom floor, attempting to read her book. In all honesty, she couldn't even remember the title of the book she was attempting at. The words slipped her mind, leaving no trace of impact, just as the rain rolled down her window.

The world outside appeared rather dismal and grey, showing in the gloomy weather. On this excessively rainy Tuesday, the Losers club had played a game of telephone tag, ultimately everyone had decided to stay indoors and not bother with the weather. Holly would rather be with her friends on days like this, as her mind often raced with numerous topics she would rather avoid. Yet, as it goes most of the time, her mind ventured into the dangerous territory.

She brought the book closer to her face, her deep brown eyes scanning over the words desperately. When this did not help her retain any of the information, however, she launched the book at the wall past her feet. It clambered to the ground, losing her page. She could not find it in her to care.

Her head tilted backwards as she tried to glimpse at the world outside her bedroom window. Raindrops rolled down her window and the sky turned a calming grey color. Her thoughts regarding Eddie could not leave her mind. No matter how hard she tried to not replay the past days' events, the images seeping in.

Why did he let her so close?

And why did she feel like an army of elephants where dancing in her stomach?

Holly could feel tiredness wash over her and decided to get up for a snack. She pushed herself off of the old and worn hardwood floor, towards her door. Her knees cracked as her steps brought her to her bedroom door. Her cold hand, despite the humid heat that dwelled in her apartment building, twisted the door knob, opening her door. She stepped out with closed eyes, raising a hand to itch her head, pushing her hair upwards in the process. Her brown eyes opened, searching the area in front of her.

To her surprise, she did not walk into her usual hallway, where her bathroom and mother's room should be to the right. To the left, she should see the opening into her living room and kitchen. Instead, she stepped onto leaves. Surrounding her was woodland, tall trees towered over her. The cover of nighttime loomed overhead, the only light being that of the moon. Spinning around, her door swung out of her hand, slamming shut. A bright neon red light shone through the cracks of the door, causing Holly to block her vision by raising her forearm to cover her squinting eyes. After noticing spots dancing on the back of her eyelids due to her squeezing her eyes shut so hard, she dropped her arm down to her side once again. She was met with no door.

It had disappeared.

'Where'd it go?' She thought, be she didn't dare to speak out loud. Deep, deep in her bones, she could feel danger lurking. Her heart beat so loud, she was afraid whatever was near could hear the thumping. All noises ceased. No owls, no cicadas, no anything. Only the feeling of the light wind sifting through the forest trees on her exposed arms.