Coup De Grace

Buckle Up Bitches

Song of the Chapter: Cherry Bomb by the Runaways

and

My Kind of Woman by Mac Demarco

Warning!! Unedited!!

___

"Where's Bill?" Bev asks, looking around.

"He ran off. We where trying to find him." Holly answered, rubbing her hand up and down her best friend's back.

"I think he went this  way." Eddie says looking back, pointing a flashlight further down the cavern. The group began down the cavern. All except Holly. She only looked at the ground, thinking things over in her head. If she took another step, she might not come out alive. Her mind moved to what she would want to do if she died. Here and now. The only people who she would want to be surrounded by if she goes where her friends. Especially Eddie.

Eddie was different than her other friends. He was her best friend but she felt a love, different than she's ever felt.

"Holly, c'mon. Everyone went on." Eddie said, pointing the flashlight at the ground by her feet. Holly had made up her mind. She took a deep breath, walking over to Eddie. Her courage was bubbling up in her stomach, or maybe it was nerves, or possibly that asshole lawnmower that seemed to pop up only when she was around Eddie, and wreaked havok in her stomach.

Holly kept her eyes locked on Eddie's who stood watching her as well. Despite the lack of light in the place, he still loved the color of her eyes. A deep brown that seemed a brighter copper in the sunlight. He just hoped he would get out of here alive so he could see her beautiful sunlight-induced copper eyes.

Holly took a final step, closing the space between her and the boy. They looked into each other's eyes, swimming in the love that the other held for them. Holly thought it would be her to lean in. To initiate a kiss. Therefore, she couldn't help but widen her eyes when Eddie leaned in, placing his lips gingerly on hers. After a single moment, Holly gave in, closing her eyes and placing her hand on the back of Eddie's head.

Eddie's fingers of his cast-covered hand, played with Holly's hand, grazing over the many rings she wore. His other hand grasped her arm, the same way it always had before. The way he would lean on her if something stressful happened. Holly did the same. Her hand clutched onto his arm, right at the end of his sleeve. Her fingers played with the fabric as their lips moved in sync, as if to their favorite Elvis song.

Though there kiss only lasted a few second, being just more than a mere peck, it was what they had both been waiting for since they first laid eyes on each other. The two teens pulled away from each other slowly, enjoying each others presence and the vulnerability it granted them. Holly opened her eyes, her lashes hitting her lid. Eddie pushed his forehead onto hers. Both stood there, simply breathing as they closed their eyes. Holly spoke next, causing Eddie to open his eyes.

"I love you in case I die." She spoke, fluttering her eyes open.

"I love you in case I die." Eddie responded. In a quick motion, Holly jerked her head forward, connecting her lips with Eddie's once again only for a split second.

"C'mon." She said, separating from the boy. She grabbed his hand, tugging him along as they walked further into the cavern and towards the group. They round a corner and are met with the group of their friends.

"I wanna go home." Holly gasps, seeing whom she recognizes as Bill's little brother. Though she had never met him, she had seen pictures and heard stories. He heart ached, not only at the sight of the little boy, but at the sight of Bill. He stood there, looking at his brother, his greatest fear and his greatest love.