Vulnerability

A/N: I'm shoving out another update because I'm visiting family for Thanksgiving! Happy early Thanksgiving and if you don't celebrate it, then happy early Thursday. I should be back next Sunday but I'm not sure when I'll be able to update. Bare with me! Enjoy this sweet Eddly chapter!! (They make my heart go WHOOOOOOSH!!)

WARNING: UNEDITED!!

Song of the Chapter: Lips Like Sugar by Echo and the Bunnymen

______________

"Thanks guys but you shouldn't have done that. He'll be after you too now." Mike said.

"Oh no. Bowers? He's always after us." Eddie responded from in front of Holly, the two had let go of each others' hands as to not let the others see. They would absolutely pester the two if they had seen.

"I guess that's one th-thing we have in c-common." Bill said from behind Holly. Her feet came down hard on the hill as they walked, gravity pushing her downward.

"Yeah homeschool! Welcome to the Loser's Club!" Richie shouted from the back. Holly smiled at his comment, enjoying the fact that she was a part of a group. Being without a solid family, she now felt like she had one with these kids. The group continued walking to their bikes they left in the road. Holly reached for her handlebars to pick her bike up but a hand on her wrist stopped her.

"Your knuckles." Holly focused on Eddie who's eyes where wide as he  spoke to her. She looked to her fist, the pain from her split knuckles hadn't set in yet. She attributed that to the adrenaline she still felt coursing through her.

"Oh, yeah. I'll be fine. It barely even hurts." She answered after opening and closing her fist, examining the wounds. The blood had mostly stopped flowing out of the cuts, after being clotted at the surface.

"Yeah, because the pure rage and adrenaline in your blood! I'm still not over you taking down the Henry Bowers." Ben smiled, hopping on his bike. The group nodded, proud of their friend.

"Yeah, he got wh-what he deserves." Bill said, getting on his own bike.

"No, you need to clean and bandage that or it'll get infected and I'm never touching you again."

"Unless I roll around in shit, I'll be fine. And the amount of airborne infections I could get is close to nothing." She said, recalling the information she had read one time. Eddie stood his ground, not wavering from his already decided plan.

"Do I have a choice." Holly asked.

"No, let's go." Eddie shook his head. He picked up Holly's bike, her hopping on it and waiting for Eddie.

"Look at that! Eddie's playing Doctor with the Doctor!" Richie laughed, circling around the group on his bike.

"Okay, come on." Eddie says, impatiently tapping his converse clad shoe.

"What about your mom? She kind of hates me."

"At the grocery store! This is time-sensitive, lets go!" Eddie yells.

"Bye!" Holly waves, smiling to the rest of the group. They all disperse after waving goodbye as well.

The short ride to his house was filled with bickering and small talk. Mostly with Eddie's worried comments. Holly, for the most part ignored them, enjoying the feeling of her hair being blown by the wind when she stood on the bike peddles and closed her eyes. When she did this, Eddie would glance at her face, glowing in the warm, golden sun. His own face would heat up when she opened her eyes again and caught him staring.