Battle

Warning: Unedited!!

Song of the Chapter: Never Tear Us Apart by INXS

Holly and Eddie rode their bikes side by side until falling in line with the rest of the losers. Her tires bounced over the gravel, sticks and various items strewn across Niebolt Street. The group threw their bikes onto the cement and ran past the iron gates onto the dead grass walkway of the decrepit house.

She walked beside Eddie, her brunette hair bouncing on her shoulders. The sunlight beating down on them caused her hair to shine with a slight reddish color, much like Bill's hair did.

Holly turned to Eddie, who had removed his fanny pack. He chucked it across the yard with a swift and hard throw. Turning to Holly, his face faded to a smile as did her's.

"Oh. Guys, spikes." Bill said, dropping his backpack to the ground and retrieving spikes from inside. Holly and Eddie turned to him rather than gazing at each other, despite how much they would rather the second.

At the steps of the house, Richie picked up a beer bottle from the bushes, examining it. He spun it in his hands before smashing it against the railing, shattering one end of it. The group looked to him, watching as he just looked at the beer bottle in his hands.

"Maybe not." Holly said sweetly to the friend. He decided she was right and tossed the remaining end of the bottle beside him. The group continued to the stairs, climbing them and walking into the house. Holly looked around as she did, a feeling of uneasiness washing over her. Whether it be from walking into the house or something else, she was unsure. She did know, however, that she was walking into trouble.

The group turned, waiting for everybody to step inside. As Holly stepped in, they looked behind her. She raised an eyebrow, spinning to look at the doorway. Stan stood, a scared look on his face as he shifted in place on his feet.

"Stan, we all have to go." Bill said. "be-be-be-Beverly was right, if we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one." Stan stood, looking to everyone with tears in his eyes.

"But if we st-sti-stick together, all of us. We'll win. Promise." Bill said, Holly offered Stan as much of a smile as she could muster. He slowly took steps into the house, swallowing his fear. The group turned and walked further into the house.

Holly made a gagging noise as she walked straight through a spider web, swatting it away. They walked down the stairs, following Bill as he led the way.

"Hey, Eddie. You have a quarter?" Richie joked upon seeing the well in the basement.

"Wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing." Eddie commented. Holly shone her flashlight down the well, attempting to see how far it would go down. Richie shuffled in his spot, bumping Holly and knocking her flashlight out of her hand. Eddie grabbed her arms, ensuring that she wouldn't fall over the edge. The group looked to Richie, all with annoyed glares.

"What? I thought we all wanted to get rid of her!" He joked.

"Beep beep, asshole!" Holly said, stepping in Richie's face. Eddie pulled her away and the group continued to look to the well.

"Sorry." Richie muttered, looking over the edge of the well.

"Beverly!" Ben yelled down. His voice echoed and reverberated back up to their ears.

"How are we supposed to get down there?" Mike asked. Holly looked around for anything of use, maybe a magical staircase with a sign saying it's safe. Her eyes followed the light of Bill's flashlight, landing on a rope. The two looked to each other, smiling at their discovery.