Calm

(WARNING: NOT EDITED!!)

Song of the Chapter: Bust a Move by Young MC

Holly sat on a dining room chair with one leg bent to her chest, the other swinging back and forth as it dangled off. Putting her glass of orange juice down, she grabbed her toaster waffle, breaking off smaller pieces and devouring them.

A quick knock at her door halted her hand in midair, her mouth still hung open, ready to take her next bite. She threw the waffle back onto her plate, hopped off of the wobbly chair and made her way to the door. Opening it, she was faced with Eddie. His hands where fidgeting as he bounced on his heels in anticipation.

"Hey?" Holly greeted, though it came out as more of a question. She didn't know why Eddie had come all the way to her apartment and honestly she would rather he didn't. The worst of Derry lived in the apartment and she worried for Eddie's safety around sketchy strangers.

"Hey, you coming to the Quarry?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you there in a few minutes. I have to do something before I go." She replied. The boy nodded.

"So why'd you make sure I was coming?" Holly smiled as she questioned the twitching boy.

"I uh-I just wanted to make sure you remembered where we where going." He said, voice cracking and using an excessive amount of hand gestures. Both where something Holly knew he did when he was incredibly nervous or lying.

"Okay, thanks." She smiled, still perplexed. Eddie nodded, turning awkwardly before rushing off down the small hallway. Holly closed her front door with a growing smile. She appreciated that the boy worried about her. It meant he cared and she wasn't opposed to the idea of that at all.

She went to her room and stuffed her small radio into her backpack along with sunglasses, and chapstick. Changing into a new pair of shorts and another shirt, she tied on her shoes. With the backpack over her shoulders, she opened her window. After one leg was out, she paused, seeing the necklace from Beverly on her dresser. She went back in her room, grabbing the necklace and putting it over her head.

She climbed out her window and onto the fire escape. Feeling the summer breeze rustle her hair behind her shoulders as she walked up to the next level, knocking on Beverly's window. She crossed her arms, leaning her weight on one leg. The sheer curtains behind Beverly's window where flung to the side as the red head wondered who was possibly knocking on her window. Soon realizing there was nobody other than Holly who it could be. Beverly opened the window in no time, sticking her head out.

"What?"

"Get dressed, we're going to the Quarry and you can't say no." Holly commanded. Beverly groaned as she turned around dramatically, heading to her closet and grabbing a pale floral dress. Holly turned around to give the girl privacy, standing with her back directly in front of the window so no perverts would gaze in at the dressing girl.

"Okay." Beverly said after a short moment, climbing out of her window, shutting it behind her. Holly smiled quickly and began down the stairs, headed towards the bike rack. She unhooked her bike's wheel and waited for Beverly to follow her lead. This girl would enjoy being with Holly's friends, she just didn't like letting people in. Holly was already in so she could convince Beverly to join easily.

The two girls biked through the roads, trails in the woods making conversation until they reached the Quarry. They heard the boys arguing over something Holly presumed was pointless. Their arguments always where about the littlest things. Usually between Richie and Eddie, occasionally her and Richie as well.

Holly hopped off her bike, laying it on the leaves lightly. She kicked her shoes off and removed her jean shorts.

"Alright, who's first?" Bill asked the group of boys in front of Holly and Beverly.