43

Harrison, Luke, Jonathan, and Panthers receiver Devin Funchess were the four players from the Carolina Panthers who traveled to the coastal areas of North and South Carolina Friday afternoon. It was the final piece in their fundraising efforts. Donations ended following the game yesterday. The Panthers has teamed up with the NFL and the Atlanta Falcons to raise over $40 million to help those affected by Hurricane Katia. Two thirds of the money was deposited right into the victims bank accounts while the other half made its way to the coastal parts of the Carolinas this morning.

The damage was devastating. They drove the delivery trucks on what was left of clear roadways. To Harrison, the losses these people suffered was more than he could put into words. There were buildings totally demolished by the high winds and ruined by the flood waters. Debris, tree limbs, bushes, and trash was everywhere. Cars were flipped, or crushed by trees and there were even boats washed up on the shore. They passed by a harbor. Boats were capsized, and washed up on the docks. Harrison wouldn't forget the image of somebody's multimillion dollar yacht totally submerged as if it were a toy boat.

They stopped when they couldn't drive any further. Harrison flipped his sunglasses up onto his Panthers hat as he jumped out of the truck. Luke and Sir Purr jumped out of the backseat and headed around the truck to start unloading.

Whoever was wearing the Sir Purr costume today had to be sweating their ass off. It was at least 90 degrees and there were no clouds.

Just before they started unloading, Harrison pulled Luke over to record his final video. "Hey everybody, I'm here in South Carolina with Luke Kuechly, Jonathan Stewart, Devin Funchess, and Sir Purr. We're just about to start unloading the supplies and delivering them around the communities. I wanted to give you guys a final number. With all your help, we were able to raise over $40 million to give to the people affected by Hurricane Katia. Luke and I spent all week making sure the relief money went directly to the victims, which it did. Two thirds of the money was deposited to the victims, while the rest was used to buy these relief supplies which we will be unloading shortly. Myself, Luke, and the Carolina Panthers would like to thank you all for your support. Without your help, this wouldn't of been possible."

He posted the video on Instagram. "Alright, lets get to work!"

➄➈

Harrison was getting quite the workout. They split up in teams from the trucks and delivered supplies. Most of the supplies were pulled behind atv's then Harrison and a few others would unload them at houses.

The supplies were made up of food in water. Stores in this area weren't going to reopen for weeks, so it was important these people were well stocked with food and water. Then came clothes and blankets. Harrison was able to get companies like Nike, Under Amour, and Adidas to send clothing. They stocked everyone with shoes, sheets, and blankets.

The t-shirt being sold at last nights game was included as part of the clothing bins. It was a dark grey shirt with the Panthers logo on the far left. In the middle was the NFL logo, just a bit bigger. And to the right of that was the Falcons logo. In a light blue banner that spilt above and below the logos was a quote reading, 'Hurricane Katia Relief. We Rise By Lifting Others.' On the back of the t-shirt were some of the names of the organizations and companies that made huge contributions to the fund. Then below that was another quote that read, 'The Greatest Good Is What We Do For One Another.' Carrie did a great job designing it.

Harrison carried another box of supplies on his shoulder up to the front porch of a home. He knocked on the door and waited for an answer. An older woman opened the door wearing his Panther blue jersey.

As soon as she saw him, she embraced him in a hug. Harrison gently set the box down and hugged her back. He could feel her crying. "Thank you so much. This means so much to us."

"You don't need to thank me," he answered quietly. "I'm so glad I could be here for you and what you're going through."