103

"Morning beautiful."

Carrie's eyes fluttered open after hearing Harrison's voice. She blinked a few times. He was sitting upright in bed with his back leaning against the headboard. And he was holding a sleeping Riley.

He could still hold Riley in his arm and cradle her. Whereas, Carrie couldn't because Riley was getting so big that she outgrew her mommy cuddling her. She envied him for that.

Holding Riley in his right arm, Harrison reached over with his left and brushed some hair out of her face. "Did you sleep well?"

She looked at her arm that was around his waist and the hand that was under his pillow from where she fell asleep against him last night. "I'd say so."

"Did you feed her yet?"

He nodded. "She crushed some milk and some applesauce."

Knowing that Riley had been fed already, Carrie let herself relax. It was just after nine. Riley would've gotten breakfast a half hour ago. With Harrison having fed her, he let Carrie relax a little longer before Riley woke up.

"Did you find out if you're playing this weekend?"

"No, Ryan didn't call yet."

Tomorrow was the Panthers last regular season game against the Cardinals at home. Harrison had been cleared to play in the first playoff game in two weeks, but his status for tomorrow wasn't certain. He wanted to get the rust off after missing three games, but there was also the risk of him getting hurt again in a now pointless game for the best team in the NFL.

The Panthers already repeated the best record in the NFL again this season. Behind them was the Chiefs with five losses. Even if the Panthers lost tomorrow while playing their backups, they weren't going to tie any teams for having the best record.

"I want to play tomorrow," he told her. "Even if it's just a little bit. I want to get the rust off."

"They need you ready for playoffs too."

Carrie slowly sat up and stretched her stiff back and neck. She feel asleep on him last night. It wasn't uncomfortable laying on him like that when she was awake, but her body told her it was uncomfortable to spend the night like that. But Carrie didn't care. She loved the way he held her when she was laying on him. And the fact that he didn't mind if she spent the whole night on top of him.

➄➈

Carrie came downstairs a little later to see her husband and Luke on the couch watching the college football playoffs. With Riley in one hand, she grabbed a pancake out of the fridge and heated it up.

She and Riley joined the guys on the couch. As soon as she spotted Luke, Riley was immediately reached out for him. Harrison and Luke made room in between for her to sit.

"Say hi to Uncle Luke."

Carrie let Luke take Riley. Harrison had told her that Luke was coming over, so she made sure to dress Riley in a special shirt.

He noticed right away. She was wearing the long sleeve t-shirt he had given her parents before she was born. It had his last name and number on the back.

"Riley, you tell your mommy and daddy to keep dressing you up in this shirt. Because it looks really good on you."