Everything Smells Like Him

Edd's pov
"Maybe we should put him into therapy." Matt suggested. "I'd rather him just talk to me." I said putting my head down. "But Edd that's not happening." Matt said. "What if I just stop talking all together?" Tom asked. By the look in his eyes he was completely serious. "Tom. Please don't do that." I said. He nodded and put his head down. "Are you just ignoring me?" I asked. "How could I? I love you too much." He said. I smiled and looked back at Matt. "Okay if he won't talk to you, I suggest therapy." Matt said. I walked over and sat in front of Tom. "Tom?" I asked. "Y-yeah?" He asked. "Do you need something?" I asked. "C-can Matt l-leave. I-I'm not dr-dressed." Tom said with shaky breathing and hiccups. I looked at Matt and he nodded. He left and Tom sat still sobbing. "Tom did he do this?" I asked pointing at the blood. He shook his head no. "Can I see?" I asked. He hesitantly unfolded from his ball. His slashes had reopened. I sighed and got some bandages. I bandaged him up carefully. I did it right this time and mentally high-fived myself. "E-Edd. I-I'm s-sorry." He said. "For what?" I asked. "F-for screaming a-at you." He sobbed. I smiled and hugged him gently. "It's okay." I said. "Edd e-everything smells like h-him." He sobbed clenching my hoodie. I picked him up carefully. "Do I?" I asked. He shook his head no and buried his head into my chest. I walked into the room and grabbed Tom's clothes. I helped him change then picked him up again. "Do you want to go somewhere?" I asked wiping his tears.

Tom's pov
I nodded and clutched onto Edd. He pulled out his phone and texted someone. "Okay let's go." He said with a smile. He hailed a cab and it was a long drive. I started to fall asleep but had a nightmare of Eduardo and Tord working together. My eyes shot open and I clenched onto Edd. Even with my eyes open I still saw it. "We're here." Edd said. He paid the driver as he got out. He carried me up a trail. I was still clenching his hoodie quietly sobbing. He got to the top and sat at a bench. "Tom?" He asked. "Y-yeah." I asked shaking more from my nightmare. "Look." He said. I turned my body still hugging him tight. The stars were out already and the town looked so beautiful. I let go of Edd and turned around with my back on his chest. He slowly wrapped his arms around my waist as not to scare me. "It's beautiful." I said in a cracked voice. He smiled at me and kissed my cheek. I jumped and looked at him. "It's okay Tom." He said. I kissed him as a firework show started going off. He kissed back but was careful not to scare me. I was still trembling. His hand intertwined with mine. He broke the kiss and smiled. "I'm here to protect you now." He said. My body still throbbed with pain but I was too tire to care. I laid down on Edd's lap and watched the fireworks. He played with my hair and gently rubbed circles on my back. I was still crying from the pain I was in. I clutched Edd's hand as I fell asleep.

Tord's pov
I woke up in the hospital. I couldn't breath. I could barely remember my own name. "Tord?" Someone asked. I looked over to see a doctor. I sat up carefully. "Yeah?" I asked. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked. "N-no." I said. My dick was throbbing for some reason. "You hurt your friend. Your other friend could have killed you." The doctor said. "Wh-what friend?" I asked. "His name is Tom." He said. "Why can't I remember anything?" I asked. "You have a concussion. What don't you remember?" He asked. "I don't remember anything after this morning." I said. "That's normal. You should gain back your memory." He said standing up. "Wait." I said. He turned around smiling at me. "How did I hurt Tom?" I asked. "We're not sure on the details but all I know is that he was sobbing uncontrollably when the paramedics got there." He said before leaving. I fell back trying to think of what I did. "T-Tord?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I looked up to see Tom. He stood at the door clenching onto Edd's hoodie. Edd wouldn't look at me and Tom shook every time he did. "Oh hey." I said sitting up. "Hey? That's all you have to say?!" Edd yelled. "E-Edd. Calm d-down." Tom said. Edd sighed and put his head down. "Sorry." He said reluctantly. "Edd? What did I do?" I asked. He looked at me surprised. "I-I don't remember." I said tears forming in my eyes. Edd came in and sat down next to my bed. Tom stayed at the door clutching his crutches. "Tom?" I asked. He flinched at my voice, but slowly made his way over to Edd. He sat down next to him and clutched his arm. "You don't remember anything?" Edd asked. "The last thing I remember is carrying Tom out of that bathroom." I said. Tom flinched every time I spoke. He was shaking with his head buried into Edd's arm.

Edd's pov
I kissed Tom's head gently. "C-can I go h-home." He mumbled so Tord wouldn't hear. "Not yet. You're okay Tom." I said quietly. He nodded still shaking. "Edd?" Tord asked. "Yeah?" I asked, gently rubbing Tom's arm. "What did I do?" He asked looking at Tom with tears streaming down his face. "So...um...when do you come home?" I asked avoiding the question. I felt Tom's tears leaking through my hoodie sleeve. He was shaking violently. Tord put his head down and wiped his tears. "Soon. They said I was lucky I didn't break my jaw or nose." He said. "Pl-please?" Tom mumbled. I sighed. "Just a few more minutes. I know it's hard but I'm here don't be scared." I said kissing Tom's forehead. He nodded again hugging my arm tighter. I rubbed his outside thigh gently which made him jump. I stopped and let him calm down. I continued to rub it as his breath hitched. "Tom?" Tord asked. He clutched my arm digging his nails into it. I whimpered and he quickly stopped. "S-sorry." He mumbled. "Yeah Tord?" He asked, his voice cracking slightly. Tord put his hand on Tom's knee and Tom immediately jumped up falling onto my lap. He sobbed into my shoulder quietly. Tord stiffened and put his head down. "Tord I'll see you later." I said standing up and grabbing Tom's crutches. I walked out of the room. "I-I'm sorry I-I couldn't be str-stronger." He sobbed. "It's fine Tom. I understand." I said rubbing circles on his back gently. He shook in my arms. "Tom let's go home and sleep. You didn't sleep that well last night." I said walking out of the hospital.