Afton

She sat down and took a sketchpad out of her bag. The pencil lightly went around a sketch perfectly. She had jet-black hair that was purple at the tips with purple and red streaks running through it. One of her eyes were a stunning shade of lilac, the other a beautiful red... something to show off normally... But she wasn't proud of them, actually she hid them... They were a constant reminder of her dark past that she would never escape.

"Oh please... We're alone this morning, please, oh please don't kill me!" A girl with blonde hair teased childishly as she walked in.

"Go away, Maria." Shadow said calmly, still concentrating on her sketch book.

"Or what... You'll kill me?" Maria laughed.

The classroom began filling up, every student with the usual "Mornin' killer... Oh please don't kill me today!" or simply "Gone insane yet?"

She ignored it. It had become a normality for her.

Soon after, a teacher entered and began calling attendance. She packed up her book and turned off her phone.

"And finally, class...you may or may not be aware that this week, there are a few new students entering the school, one of which, will be in this class!"

A knock at the door silenced the kids and a tall boy entered. He had fiery red hair and golden eyes.

"Ok, pick a seat please." the teacher told him.

He glanced around the class, his beautiful eyes darting form one row to another. A few girls smiled at him but he ignored them. Finally, he laid eyes upon one girl, at the back of the class by herself, two seats to the right of her and one to the left. He walked over and put his hand on the seat closest to her right. It was one of the four seats empty in the room.

"Mind if I sit here?" he smiled politely.

She shook her head and gestured for him to take the seat. He seemed nice. She studied him before being interrupted by one girl shouting at him, "I wouldn't sit there if I was you! She's a killer!"

Shadow looked up at Maria, and then at him. Embarrassment flooded through her and she looked down, before hearing him say, "Well...If she's a killer..." He glanced at her and smiled "I wish all killers were this cute!" he looked back at Shadow and winked at her. she smiled, blushing. He pulled out the seat and sat down, glancing at her.

"Hi, my names Flynn!" he smiled at her, and she already enjoyed his company.
"I'm Shadow." She whispered and blushed.
"Shadow..." He repeated, "Ya know, that's a beautiful name ya got there, but please, call me Foxy!" He laughed.
"Foxy," She smiled, admiring the nickname, "That's an awesome name!"

They laughed before a bell rang. "First class." She groaned when he glanced at her. "What do you have?"

He checked his timetable, "Uh," he fumbled around with bits of paper, dropping them everywhere.

She helped him pick them up and turned bits around before finding a timetable "Here, let me check." She laughed, "Uh, you have science! I have English, ok, you need to go left, then take the first left you see. Then it is the second classroom on your right, okay?" She looked at the papers in his hand again, "And after, you have social sciences...um, when you come out of science, come back here and its the class next door... They're all labelled... Don't worry! after that class, I'll meet you in the lunch hall? Just follow everyone." She looked at him again, and he nodded quickly.

"Yes, that sounds like a plan! See ya!" he left the class and Shadow began walking to the English rooms.
"That guy seems cool. lets try keep him on our side for a bit." She muttered to herself, checking her timetable.