Chapter 28

A/N: well I wrote this chapter before realizing that Uplift's performance was at the end of the first episode, so let's all just imagine it wasn't there and that it got it's own episode.

     "Can I please get my phone back?" I beg my dad. It's been over a week since he took my phone, and I've been able to have no contact with any of the boys. He found my old laptop the day after they left, so I hadn't contacted them yet.

     "No, you have work to do," he frowns, typing out some email on his computer. He's been even more tense and harsh than usual, but I have no idea why.

      "What work?" I protest, putting my hands on my hips. He looks at me.

     "You have a song you need to write, and if you finish that or at least have some legitimate progress on it, you're going to do a livestream," he informs me, making me frown. I didn't realize it at the moment, but I had grown so attached to those eighteen boys, even Cameron who sent the video out. It's going to kill me inside to see any of them leave.

     "Why can't I have my phone?" I protest, and he stands up.

     "Stop sassing me and go to your room!" he yells, pointing in the direction of my room. 

     "Ugh," I huff.

      "Oh be quiet, you'd be nothing without me," he states, and I'm disgusted.

     "Excuse me," I respond.

     "I signed you. I got you all of your acting jobs. Without me changi you into a star, you'd just be known as my daughter," he tells me with authority, and I nod, walking out of the room to write one of the best songs I've ever written when an idea hits me. I smirk before putting it into action.

Michael's POV

     "Can you believe the first episode of Boy Band is going to air tonight?" Jay asks, shaking my shoulders. Laughter escapes Miles' lips who is sitting next to us.

     "Don't make him nauseous," he warns, and Jay lets go of my shoulders.

     "I just got a call from Mr. Williams that we're supposed to go live on both the ABC and boyband account," Cameron informs us all.

     "Why two separate lives?" Sergio asks, and Cameron shrugs.

     "We're supposed to go live when the show starts, so it'll be like a reaction video of us watching ourselves on tv," he says. A loud knock is heard on the door, confusing all of us but Marcus, who has a proud smile on his face. 

     "Who's going to get it?" I ask, and everyone shrugs. Miles stands up before heading over to the door. When he opens it, his face lights up.

     "Rayanna! Malissa!" he yells, obviously shocked by who is at the door. A flood of girls walk in, or run in, hugging their boyfriend. Even Sergio is hugging his friend that's a girl but isn't officially his girlfriend. Devin's face lights up, searching the crowd for Hannah. She's all he ever talks about, which even I find adorable. Marcus walks over to him with a frown.

     "We tried to get Hannah to come, but she couldn't make it," Marcus tells him, and his mood visibly drops.

     "I get it," he frowns, and Marcus walks away, leaving Devin standing there with a frown. All of the other guys with girlfriends are hugging, embracing each other after being gone for so long. Although I'm happy for them, I still wish for that, to be able to have a relationship like that.

    "It's okay Michael. You'll be able to see Brynn soon enough," Jay comforts me, giving me a tight hug.

     "What?" I ask.

     "You look like you're missing her, seeing all of these other people together," he admits, gesturing at all of the happy couples.

     "Fix this Jay," I mumble, and he frowns.

     "Excuse me?" He responds, obviously confused.

     "I don't want to get so invested in a hopeless relationship," I tell him. He frowns as glares at me.

     "What do you mean?" he's confused, looking at me like I'm crazy.

     "She isn't going to give up on what she's promised herself. It just sucks to know I'll never have a chance with her," he looks like I just said something completely insane. 

     "Guys! Lets all introduce ourselves to each other," Cam suggests, making the others nod. Everyone decides to sit in a big circle. All of the boys introduce themselves first before they pass it on to their girlfriends.

     "Hi I'm Adriana, I came here with Courtney since I had nothing better to do, and I'm seventeen," the girl next to Sergio announces, and one of the other girl's eyes widen.

     "Oh my gosh you two are from World's Edge," she squeals and both her and Courtney nod.

      "I thought you were dating Isaiah," one girl tells Courtney, and her eyes widen.

     "No, I'm dating Brady," she smiles as he gives her a hug.

     "Hi I'm Bianca, and I'm  dating Mikey," she announces proudly, giving him a kiss. 

     "I'm Lauren, and my boyfriend is Jaden," a blonde girl smiles, looking over at Jaden.

     "My name is Carlye, and I'm dating Andrew," she tells us, making Andrew Butcher cheer.

     "I finally got a girlfriend," he jokes since she only said Andrew, making some of us laugh.

     "Hi everyone. I'm Alexis, and I'm in a happy relationship with Cam," they smile at each other.

     "Hi I'm Chance, and I'm dating Devin," he hugs Devin who looks upset, making him smile some.

     "But I thought we were dating," Drew gasps, and Chance jumps back.

     "This isn't what it looks like," he acts fake upset, causing some people to laugh.

     "Hello guys. I'm Malissa, and I'm Miles' little sister," she smiles, giving her older brother a high five.

     "I'm Rayanna, and I'm dating Miles," a brunette with green eyes says before she kisses his cheek.

     "I'm 19, my name is Ibby, and I'm in a relationship with Gavin," a girl with hazel eyes shares, hands connected with Gavin's.

     "I'm Abby, not Ibby, and I'm dating Jon," he kisses her forehead, right above her glasses.

     "I've already met some of you before, but I'm Alaysha. I'm dating Cameron," she tells us as Cameron sends a wink over. 

      "I have an idea! How about us single pringles or the people without anyone here go into the other room and do a live on the boyband account while the couples do their live on the ABC account in here," Drew suggest, and we shrug.

     "To Michael's room we go!" Chance yells, leading Marcus, Devin, Drew, Jay, Andrew, Dorian, and me into my room.

I messed up really bad on the episode thing, so we can all imagine uplift got it's own episode.