Chapter 35

A/N: before I start writing I'd like to thank you guys for 16K on this. ITS INSANE.

Michael's POV 

     Well, I've been sitting in the side room watching kids tv shows for the past who knows how long while Brooklyn is sleeping and while Chance and Alex are chatting it up. I'd go on my phone, but lucky for me I left it in the car, which I am too lazy to get up and go to.

     Currently, some Chuggington is on the screen. I don't know the actual plot, but I'm pretty sure one train is going to make a stupid mistake and end up on the side of the road for someone to come save like always. I yawn, leaning back on the couch.

      A little girl who I recognize as Brooklyn walks out of a room with some Minnie Mouse pajamas on before walking over the couch and sitting right next to me. She rubs her eyes before looking up at me. She smiles, and I smile back down at her.

     "Are you Alex's boyfriend?" she asks in her little kid voice, and my eyes widen. 

     "No, one of my friends is talking to Alex," I respond, and she looks up at me before pointing to her shirt.

     "Is that Minnie Mouse?" I ask, and she nods proudly with a little smile on her face.

     "My daddy got it for me," she brags proudly, making me smile.

     "I wish I had pajamas like this," I tell her, and she starts giggling hysterically.

     "You'd look silly," she giggles.

     "What's your name?" she asks enthusiastically.

     "I'm Michael Conor," I respond, making her smile.

     "Michael Conor," she says slowly to herself, and I nod.

     "And do you know who I'm friends with?" I ask, and she just stares at me.

     "Tell me!" she says.

     "Your dad," I tell her, and her face physically lights up as she squeals.

     "You know my daddy?" she exclaims, and I nod. Right at that moment, Chance walks into the room, and Brooklyn runs over to him. He snatches her up from the ground before handing the phone to me and mouthing "it's Brynn."

     "Hey beautiful," I say as I search for the remote in order to mute chuggington. I don't need that annoying honk blowing up my phone call.

     "Michael I just had the crappiest hour ever," she sniffles, her voice horse. My eyes widen, and I stand up, wanting to reach her as soon as possible.

     "I'm coming," I tell her, walking over to turn off the tv.

     "It's fine. Stay there," she attempts to make me stay here.

"No, I'm not going to sit here while you're hurting. I'm coming now," I tell her. I can faintly hear the little laugh she does when she gets happy, making me smile.

     "Thank you for being there for me, for being my Prince Charming," she cops over the phone, making me smile even more

      "Well thank you for being my princess," I come back. I can physically hear her 'awww.'

     "Come to Lily's house. That's where I am," she tells me, and I nod before I realize she can't see me.

     "Okay. I'm on my way," I coo before hanging up the phone. My feet bring me into the other room where I hand the phone to Chance who was talking to Alex and Brooklyn.

     "What happened?" Chance asks, Brooklyn sitting on his knee.

     "She didn't tell me, but I need to get back. I'll call an Uber," I tell him, but he shakes his head.

     "I'm coming too. Alex, do you want to come with us?" Chance offers, and she smiles.

     "Sure," she responds, grabbing a sweatshirt from right next to her and putting it on.

     "Lets go," I announce with Chance and Alex sitting in the front while Brooklyn and I sit in the back.

---

     "Here!" I tell him to stop right in front of Lily's house. I hop out as soon as I can and run to the door. Standing there is Lily with a smile on her face.

     "She's upstairs trying to sleep," she tells me before I run upstairs and into the guest room where I see her lying down on the bed sniffling, facing the other wall. When she hears the door open, she looks over before bolting over and connecting our lips. She wraps her arms around the back of my neck while I wrap my arms around her waist, and we stand here for a while before she pulls away.

     "Everything is so fucked up right now all I want to do is go back to your room," she tells me with teary eyes, making my heart break.

      "Anything for you princess," I kiss the side of her head as she blushes. We walk down to the front door while Lily is standing, smiling.

     "Thank you so much for helping. I'll make it up to you somehow," I hug her before putting my arm back around Brynn.

     "It was no big deal," she smiles as the two of us walk away and out the door, into Chance's car.

     "So then Brooklyn and I decided to go to Disneyland," Alex finishes telling a story. Brooklyn claps and Chance has a huge grin plastered on  his face.

---

    Right when the door to my room closes, Brynn pushes me against the wall and kisses me, but it's more forceful that usual. It's more desperate than usual. I pull her closer and kiss her back until she pulls away.

     "Thank you so much for putting up with me," she breathes, kissing me again. This time she ends up on my lap with her arms around me.

     "Gosh you're so perfect," I place a soft kiss on her nose before she buries her head into my shirt.

     "I don't have a place to stay anymore; my dad kicked me out," she tells me softly as if she's in shame. 

     "You know you can stay with me for as long as you need," I smile at her before she yawns.

     "Thank you so much. Can I explain everything else in the morning cause I'm about to pass out?" she asks with such a sleepy expression.

     "Of course. Do you need something to wear?" I ask, and she shakes her head.

     "No, I'm fine. I'm wearing this," she smiles, cuddling into my sweatshirt, which is the only thing she's wearing. I honestly wonder how like found her just wearing a sweatshirt.

     "Okay, if you want you can sleep in tha..." I start to offer, making her frown.

     "I wanted to cuddle with you... if that's alright," she throws in at the end, making me smile.

     "How could it not be?" I ask a rhetorical question. She looks at me and smiles, hopping under the blanket before wrapping her arms around me. 

     "Good night, lots of love," she kisses my shoulder, making me smile.

     "Sweet dreams," I respond, kissing the top of her head. 

This is one of the best photos in history I swear

This is one of the best photos in history I swear. THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR 16K READS THIS IS INSANE. I NEVER THOUGHT ANYONE WOULD READ THIS.