Chapter 46

After dealing with my "business", I walk back out to see Michael talking to Jeremiah.

     "Brynn, your boyfriend is legit. He gets a stamp of approval!" Jeremiah cheers over to me.

     "It seems like you've changed your opinion," I laugh as I slowly walk over since the pain killers haven't kicked in.

     "You didn't tell me he could play the violin! And he's just chill," Jeremiah backs up his opinion.

     "You aren't too bad either," Michael responds, and I laugh.

     "Well thank you Jeremiah for watching my boyfriend to make sure he didn't do anything stupid," I smile, and Michael drapes an arm over my shoulder.

     "No problem. Now you two get going. Good luck bro," Jeremiah fist bumps Michael before walking off.

     "Now lets get going," I smile, interlocking my hand with Michael's. The two of us walk outside to where several dozen cameras are waiting. They start yelling questions that I ignore. My goal is to get to the car that is behind them. 

     "Ms. Williams who is this?" someone yells, and I sigh again. The two of us attempt to weave through the crowd, but they are so compact and pushy. 

    "Why are you leaving the party so soon?"

    "Pose Ms. Williams!" 

     "Move out of the way!" Gustavo yells. He pushes in front of the two of us before making a path, so we can get through. As soon as we get into the car, I close the door.

     "Where to?" Gustavo asks, fixing his rear view mirror and honking the horn to get the paps away.

     "Ummmmm...," I start, not knowing where we are going.

     "Robert E. Lundigan park," he responds, and I tilt my head.

     "And why exactly are we going there?" I ask quizzically.

     "Because. Oh I need to blindfold you," Michael tells me, making me raise an eyebrow.

     "Am I going to get a surprise birthday kidnap?" I laugh, picking up the blindfold.

     "We'll just have to see," he shrugs. He ties it, blocking my eye sight. I grab onto his hand and rest my head on his shoulder.

     "Am I secretly dating a psychopath?" I fake gasp.

      "She caught on to us Gustavo abort mission," Michael fake whispers, making Gustavo gasp.

     "Hide the bodies," he announces, and I roll my eyes under the blindfold.

     "Take your bloblfish and take a nap," Michael tells me, sticking the blobfish stuffed animal in my lap.

     "I'm not the one who has been up since six," I tell him, referring to him waking up at six this morning to get stuff ready.

     "I haven't been up since six. I've been up since three," he yawns, and I raise my eyebrows.

     "Why would you do that?" I ask him, and wraps his arms around me.

    "Because I had to make sure you had the best birthday ever," he tells me.

     "You could have done literally nothing, and it still would have been the best birthday ever," I respond, and Gustavo "awwwws."

---

    "We're here!" Gustavo announces. "But we had to park down the street since all of the parking was taken."