Chapter 48

Michael and I both decided it would be best to head back to the hotel for the rest of the day instead of staying at Disneyland. Everyone else moved onto another ride once we finally got let off Indiana Jones, but after we got everything dialed in, we called Gustavo to come pick us up. He got the vibe that something just happened, so he stayed quiet. He even put up the little barrier between the front and the back to separate us, so we could be alone. It was primarily just sitting in silence, but it was settling. I had lain in Michael's arms the whole car ride, leaving a feeling of security.

     One thing we did talk about was watching a movie when we got back to the hotel. I remember him telling me that he's never cried while watching a movie before, so I'm going to put that to the test.

     "Oh Mr. Conor I finally picked out a movie," I hum, fixing my high ponytail. I changed out of that uncomfortable outfit into some sweatpants and a Brychael sweatshirt one of our shippers sent me. Michael has a matching one that I'm having him wear.

     "What movie is it?" he asks with a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

     "The fault in our stars," I smirk, making him laugh. He sits down next to me on the bed.

      "I'm not going to cry," he tells me as I curl up to his side.

     "Liar everyone cries watching this," I remark.

     "We'll see. I only cry if something really gets to me," he says, emphasizing the word really.

---

     I'm crying my eye balls out. It was a mistake to watch this movie.

     "Are you okay beautiful?" Michael asks half teasingly. He hasn't shed one tear.

     "You're a freaking monster," I huff, and he shrugs.

     "And I'm proud of it," he smiles at me.

     "Wow," I laugh.

     "No you're supposed to say,'No you're supposed to say,'but I'm your freaking monster,''" he jokes, bringing me back to the time I was sobbing in his arms in the car after that stupid interview. He had waited in that van with Dorian for me and brought me chicken nuggets. He was there for me when I barely knew him.

     "No you're supposed to say,'but I'm your freaking monster,'" I respond.

     "But I'm your freaking monster," he says, and I hug him. He throws in a wink, which he fails miserably at, making me burst out in laughter. Out of nowhere, Dena walks in.

     "Dena, your son is a monster," I joke, making him laugh.

     "Is he now?" she asks with a small smile, and I nod.

     "He didn't cry watching the saddest movie out there. How did he do it?" I say over dramatically.

     "It's cause he's Conor," she states before walking out of the room to get something. I use this as my time to attack.

     "You deserve this," I say before I start my tickle ambush. He starts hysterically laughing as I tickle his sides.

     "S-stop," he laughs, and I shake my head.

     "No can d...," I get flipped over, so he is now hovering above me. He gives me a cute little smirk while hovering over my face.

     "I leave for one minute, and I come back to this," Dena shakes her head while laughing before heading towards the door. "Oh, and your siblings and father are coming next Friday, Conor." She leaves the room.