Chapter 2🥀

Jongin

I stared down at the guy in my arms as I walked further over the path, ignoring the weird looks people gave me. He must have fallen asleep somewhere on the way from the fatigue cause he was awake when I lifted him up in my arms as I had taken him out of the water. Our clothes were sticking together from the wetness but it wasn't as uncomfortable as it sounded.
If you look at him now you would not think he was the one causing the throbbing pain in my jaw and shoulders. It was okay though, cause it wasn't his intention to hurt me. He was just like a cornered animal, desperate to get out. I had let him take everything out on me and now he was exhausted.

I smiled while watching the sleeping figure and forgot about my wet shoes and the cold. I didn't even know his name but everyone could see how broken he was. I was the one that took him out of the water and now I couldn't turn back. As soon as he was awake I would ask him where he lived and bring him there. Yes, I will do that. I looked infront of me again and then it suddenly hit me. I had saved someone's life.
My smile grew wider and it didn't disappear until we arrived.

I walked up the stairs and tried to take my keys out of my pocket without dropping him. I succeeded but they slipped out of my hand and fell on the ground. I sighed loudly and crouched down to pick them up. When I finally managed to unlock the door I pushed it open with my shoulder and flicked the lights on with my elbow. The guy moved a bit in my arms but his eyes stayed closed so I walked into my bedroom and placed him on the bed before going to the bathroom to get some towels.

I sat down on the edge and placed one underneath his head to prevent the bed from getting too wet. I hesitated for a moment before taking off his school uniform. How old was this kid? He was still going to school and he looked quite young.

He must have been really tired to sleep through all of this, I thought.
I dried his body and pulled the sheets over him, leaving him in his underwear. I didn't want to leave his wet boxers on but I knew he would be very uncomfortable with me when he woke up and noticed he wasn't wearing his underwear, so I didn't.

I took his pants off the floor and searched the pockets, finding them empty, what a surprise. I had to wait until he woke up to ask questions. I looked at him one more time before standing up and leaving the room to take a shower and change in the bathroom.

Kyungsoo

I opened my eyes and it took me a moment to understand where I was.
I remembered the cold water immediately and the fear. I almost succeeded but then there was this guy. He had stopped me when a lot of people didn't even take a second look. I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds that came from further into the house. I felt so tired but also was very curious. Did he take me to his home? Did he live alone? What was his name? All these questions made me even more sleepy but dreamland slipped away, further and further every second.

I groaned and rolled onto my side, feeling the wet fabric of my underwear. With a jerk I sat up straight. I was almost naked laying in the bed of a stranger.

I got out and started searching for my clothes, but they weren't in the room. I carefully walked towards the door and opened it, hoping it wouldn't make a lot of noise. The guy I recognised from earlier was busy cooking in the open kitchen. He didn't notice me as he opened the fridge to take something out and I opened the door a little wider. I hit a box that was standing on the ground with my food and he turned his head to look at where the sound had come from.

"Ah." He smiled at me and placed the knife down on the couter. "You are awake."

"Yeah, obviously." I replied.

"Right. Wanna take a shower?"

I shrugged, not knowing how to act towards this stranger. "Maybe."

He leaned back against the counter and looked me up and down, making me blush because of the lack of clothes I was wearing. "Whatever you want. If you tell me your name and your adress I can bring you home after it."

By the mention of the word 'home' I shivered. I felt even colder than before and shook my head. "No."

He frowned, "what do you mean?"

"No, I won't tell you."

He let out a nervous chuckle, "why not?"

I just shook my head again. I didn't want to think about home, especially not about going back. It would mean having to deal with reality and that's the thing I ran away from. I couldn't tell him because he might force me to go back. I couldn't risk him knowing it. No one could know.

"Alright let's leave that for now. I'll show you the bathroom." He walked over to me and I stared up at him. His hair was still damp from the shower he had taken and it hung in his eyes, forcing him to wipe it away every now and then. "My name is Jongin. Kim Jongin, if you wanna know my full name."

I nodded and lowered my head. He was being nice to me but I couldn't tell him who I was. I wanted to stay away from the place where I belonged.

Jongin walked past me and opened a different door. "I'll give you some fresh clothes okay?" He went into his bedroom and came back with a pile of clothes. "They are probably too big, but more comfortable than wet clothes." I took them from him and went into the bathroom after thanking him.
This was going to be difficult.