Chapter 11🥀

Kyungsoo

I almost screamed when I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist. "Don't yell please," a voice spoke softly. I turned around in the embrace and looked up to see the face of Jongin's neighbour, Chanyeol. 

"How did you get in?" I asked, more surprised about that than why his arms were around me. "Did Jongin give you a key?"

He shook his head and moved away a bit, "I can't tell you my secret, Soo."

I raised my eyebrows and eyed him up and down. He was a bit taller than Jongin but they were both well built. "Fair enough. What are you doing here?" 

Chanyeol leaned against the counter and grinned at me. "I wanted to see if you were still here." 

"Why?" I turned around and continued preparing the meal I wanted to make.

"You like asking questions?" He reached out to take some food but I slapped his hand away, making him pout and hold his own hand. "Damn it."

"I like to know what I'm dealing with," I replied and wiped my hand with a cloth. "That's why."

"Because I think your arrival is interesting. Jongin always talks about things that happen in his life but not a word about you. It's like you just fell from the sky." He turned around to lean with his lower back against the counter and crossed his arms. "Talking about Jongin, where is he?"

I gestured with my chin to his room, "he's taking a shower."

"Let me give you some advice." Chanyeol spoke while looking at what I was doing. "Never walk into his room without knocking when he takes a shower. He's used to being alone and doesn't really care to put something on in case someone comes in." He focused back on me and pulled a face. "I've seen it in all its glory."

Somehow his statement send heat to my cheeks and an unpleasant feeling inside my stomach. I guess Chanyeol had noticed, cause he added, "unless you want it of course." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" It was the only thing I could think of to say at the moment, even though I knew exactly what he meant. I didn't want to admit it. It would end up in pain anyway. Chanyeol just stared at me and I forced myself to concentrate on the food. Finally he said, "can I help?" 

Jongin

Soo's laughter filled the air along with the delicious smell of food. Chanyeol apparently had invited himself into my house while I was taking a shower and started helping Soo making dinner. I was standing next to the fridge but they hadn't noticed me yet, which annoyed me to the point I just groaned out of frustration. Soo squealed when Chanyeol smeared some sauce on his cheek but they both turned their heads to look at where the sound had come from. Chanyeol's smile disappeared as soon as he noticed my face. Soo's eyes grew big and he kept staring at me. I didn't understand why so I awkwardly ran a hand through my wet hair.

"Who said you could come in whenever you wanted?" I asked Chanyeol.

"You," he simply replied. 

"When?" I questioned surprised. 

"The day after you bought it. Chanyeol, you said, my best friend, you can always come in." Chanyeol pulled a serious face and glanced at me, immediately regretting it after he noticed my expression. "I can't leave now, Soo wouldn't want me to." 

Soo looked surprised by hearing his name and looked at me without replying. The cut was dark red on his pale forehead, making me think about earlier today. He still didn't trust me enough to let me know what happened nor say his real name, but he did hug me. It was something, right? I moved closer to him and wiped the sauce away from his cheek before murmuring, "don't play with the food."

Soo's cheeks tinged pink and I let out a soft chuckle. He was always flustered when I touched him and maybe it made me do it more often. Somehow I liked what I could do to him. Chanyeol faked a cough so we would focus on him. "Can I stay?" 

"No," I immediately replied, but Soo glared at me. "He helped me so he should at least eat with us." I was about to tell him I didn't want that, but realised it was ridiculous. Chanyeol and I had eaten many times together and just because Soo was present he couldn't? I didn't have a valid reason and so I just shrugged. Soo served the food and sat down. Chanyeol was about to take a seat next to him but I was faster and sat down. I ignored his questioning expression and started eating. For everyone that wasn't involved it would've been a funny sight to see a grown man with a moody expression rolling his eyes when the other guy talked about how great the food was, but for me it wasn't. Soo thanked him and smiled brightly. 

"You have such an adorable smile," Chanyeol remarked and I amost choked when Soo giggled softly, covering his mouth with his hand. I looked up from the table and saw he was smirking. "What did I tell you?" I murmured but he just shrugged. 

"And those beautiful eyes," Chanyeol continued with complimenting. "I could stare at them all day." 

"Yah, what are you trying to do?" I objected. "Stop that." 

"What's wrong Jonginie?" He asked in a mocking tone. "Can't stand it that someone else is telling him these things?"

I opened my mouth to reply but didn't know what to say and I felt Soo's eyes on me, making me even more nervous. Why was Chanyeol doing this to me? He knew about it.
I stood up with enough force to make the chair fall on the ground with a loud bang. I couldn't look at Soo's frightened expression when I walked away from the table. I opened the door and headed outside into the cold air. I didn't got very far though because the tears in my eyes made me almost fall down the stairs. I grabbed the handrail in a firm grip before lowering myself down to sit on a step. I let the tears fall down and they dripped onto my trousers from my chin. I heard footsteps behind me but didn't move. I let Chanyeol crouch next to me and place his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." His voice was soft and I knew he meant it. "I was joking around and it was foolish. Didn't think about your feelings."

I nodded since I didn't trust my voice but kept staring into the distance. I knew it wasn't his intention, but he should've known better. He was one of the few people I trusted with this. 

"You should go inside and talk to Soo. He's worried and scared." Chanyeol continued. "Take your time but make sure to do so. I'll be next door." He stood up and walked away after a few moments of silence, leaving me with red eyes.