Chapter 20🥀

Jongin

I woke up feeling wrecked. My body ached and the throbbing pain in my head was a constant reminder of yesterday's bad ending. I knew I had made a mistake but Kyungsoo acted like I was the only one, not to mention the lie he had told me where I still didn't know the reason for. It was unfair. I sat up straight with a groan and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I had told him something only the people that were the most close to me knew and he now painted me like a guy with no feelings at all. I couldn't deny the way he made me feel and being the only one that could hurt me. I have to admit it was stupid of me but that didn't take away the spark of happiness in my body when his lips were on mine. 
I should have known my mistake would have a bad outcome but it was a mistake I didn't regret.

I swung my legs over the edge and pushed the blanket off of me. My stomach rumbled so I made my way to the kitchen and stared at the fridge while wondering if I should make breakfast for Soo too. I decided on asking him and so I found myself walking to my bedroom, not bothering to knock before getting in.

At first I didn't realise what was going on as I eyed the room. Where did he go?
I felt tears pricking in my eyes as I stared at the empty bed. Was he really gone? Did he leave me because of what happened? I rubbed my eyes to get rid of the stinging feeling and turned to leave the bedroom. Did he finally leave after every time refusing? I couldn't believe it. 

I leaned on the back of the couch, my arms supporting my body as I hung my head low. How could he have slipped away? Right through my fingers and without me noticing. Did it really hurt him that much? It wasn't my intention. He should have know I wouldn't play him. Could he know me that well? My thoughts weren't making sense.

I groaned in frustration as the doorbell rang. My heart started beating faster and part of it hoped Kyungsoo just went out for an early walk and couldn't get back inside, but that was unlikely wasn't it?
Nevertheless, I rushed towards the door and jerked it open, revealing a messy-haired Chanyeol with his hands casually tucked in his pockets.
I couldn't stop the disappointment from showing on my face and Chanyeol acted like he didn't notice.

"Morning." This simple greeting sounded painfully stupid in my ears, considering the situation I was in, but it was too harsh to blame someone who didn't know about it.

"Hey," I mumbled and reluctantly opened the door a little wider to let him in, feeling my neighbour was just a waste of time.

He walked in but didn't take off his jacket, which relieved me. He would quickly be gone again. I knew I was being mean but I couldn't handle the situation of someone that tried to kill himself before, being gone.

"I just came to tell you that Soo was with me this whole night. I found him crying outside and-"

Those words were all I had to hear to make my anger flare up.  "What did you do to him?" I asked as I grabbed Chanyeol's collar. "Did you seriously took advantage of him?"

"No," he replied as he stared down at my hand. "He fell asleep on the couch. What do you expect me to do? Wake him up and send him back to you after he told me about you guys having a fight?" 

I suddenly felt ashamed and let go of him. "I am sorry. I don't know why I am acting like this."

Chanyeol straightened his shirt, "he insisted in going to school so I asked him if he wanted me to talk to you and he said he didn't want to bother you." 

I frowned. "Then where is he right now?" 

"He is walking to the school," Chanyeol explained with a sigh. "I thought you should know." 

"Without his bag?" I asked surprised, looking back into the room even though I couldn't see his bag standing in my bedroom. "He didn't get in here right?" 

Chanyeol shook his head slowly, "I didn't think about that. Gosh, I'm so stupid."

"Shit," I cursed under my breath and quickly started looking for my shoes. Something was wrong. It was the same feeling as when he had lied about going to the library.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked as he kept watching me. "Is something wrong?"

"I need to leave," I spoke while pushing him out of the door, locking it behind us. "I'm sorry for my behaviour before."

"It's okay," he assured me, still looking at me confused. "Should I come with you?"

"No," I replied too quickly and flashed him a smile to soothe the harsh reply. "It's not important. I see you later okay?"

Chanyeol nodded, obviously not trusting my words, but I couldn't care less. I felt the energy rush through my body as I made my way down the stairs, running to my car. I didn't exactly know why I was running, but it felt like the right thing to do. I got in and fidgeted with the car keys. I took a deep breath. "Calm down Jongin."

I turned the key and started the engine, driving off down the road. Would he really go to school or somewhere else? Maybe...
I frowned and bit my lip as I thought back at the club he had gone to. It was my best shot in finding him.
The sky was slowly turning grey and I guessed it would start to rain soon as a few drops appeared on the windshield. It was drizzling.
My hands felt clammy on the wheel as I turned the corner, driving further towards the place I suspected him to be.

I hadn't expected it to hurt but it did. It felt like he had not just ran away from me but also fled. Running away is different that fleeing and the last one was what was going on. Just like when you were scared of someone or something. If it wasn't for the car in front of me that had stopped, I would have driven past the club, too deep in thoughts.

I turned my head and there he was, pressed up against another guy.