Chapter 38🥀 (The End)

Dear Kyungsoo,

I wish I could tell you how much I regret my choices and that you would believe me, but I know for sure you won't. It doesn't make it less true though. I don't expect you to forgive me, I just need you to let it rest so you can live your life. I hope I will be your mother in a next life so I get the chance to do it right that time. 

Your mother.

Jongin

I watched as Kyungsoo read one of the many letters he had put in his school bag. I was jealous of the fact he could read them while sitting in a driving vehicle, unlike me, who would immediately throw up after a few sentences. He hadn't spoken to me about what we saw in his house and I didn't want to push him. He would come to me when he was ready for it. A week or so later he told me he wanted to go back to school and who was I to go against it? If it was up to me, I would keep him by my side forever, but I knew I couldn't.

"It hurts," Kyungsoo spoke out of the blue, shoving the letter back. "I read all of them and still don't know what to do." 

I glanced sideways at him and noticed he was biting his lip, obviously holding his emotions back. One hand left the steering wheel for a brief moment to touch his thigh. "You'll find out. Don't worry." I assured him. 

"How do you know?" He asked, turning his head to stare out of the window. "Maybe I'm gonna be stuck like this for the rest of my life." 

"Stuck like what?" I questioned, focusing on the road again. "With me and this car?" 

"Hmm," he agreed with a playful smirk on his lips. "You are the worst part." 

"Yah!" I exclaimed, faking a hurt expression. "You better watch your mouth." 

"Or else?" Kyungsoo shifted in the seat, his big eyes watching me with slight amusement. His skin was smooth again, no bruises or cuts visible. Just the delicate features I loved so much. 

"Or else I will kidnap you," I stated. I didn't slow down as the school passed by, making Kyungsoo turn his head to look back at the building.

"You were kidding, right?" He asked with hesitation. "Where are you going?"

"We," I corrected him while manoeuvring the car into a street. "Are going to another place." 

"Why?" Kyungsoo ran a hand through his hair as he looked out of the window, probably trying to figure out where we were heading. "Is it far?"

"Not really." We drove in silence out of town, apart from him humming along with the soft music on the radio. I didn't know where I wanted to go when I drove past his school, but now I was sure of what should be done. The asphalt turned into gravel as the car came to a stop. "We're here." 

"Is this the part where you kill me and abandon me here?" He questioned, getting out of the vehicle.

"Almost," I joked as I unbuckled my seatbelt before opening the door. "I love your trust in me." 

The cool breeze was welcoming as the sun shone wam on our skin. I grabbed Kyungsoo's clammy hand in mine and led him down the path until we reached the end. Water spread out as far as we could see, the shore decorated with rocks and sand. It was empty apart from the few people further away. Kyungsoo tensed and I tightened my grip. "I'm here."

"Jongin," he started. "You know I can't swim." 

"We're not going to," I assured him, pulling him over the sand. "We're just going into the water."

"Why?" Fear was clearly written on his face when we got closer. 

"Relax, baby." I let go of him and took my shirt off, revealing my tanned chest. "You'll be fine." 

Kyungsoo's eyes traveled down my body before he averted his gaze. "I don't want to do this."

I inched closer to take his chin between my index finger and thumb, forcing him to look at me. "I would never let you get hurt this way. Do you trust me?" 

He nodded slowly and whispered. "I do." 

"Good." I smiled and pulled his shirt over his head. "I won't let you down." 

Once we were both stripped down to our underwear I took his hand again and walked to the water. He took a deep breath as the cold reached his feet, curling his toes. "Nothing's gonna happen," I spoke softly. "I'm right here." 

Kyungsoo took a step forward, following me further. His left hand joined the other, cupping mine. "I hope so." 

"I know," I assured him. "I won't leave you alone." 

I took more steps into the water, pulling him with me until it reached our waists. Kyungsoo stopped moving and looked over his shoulder to were our clothes were scattered across the sand. "You are doing great," I encouraged him as I noticed he wanted to go back. "You can stand here, don't worry." 

His chest was rising quickly, indicating his discomfort. "I... don't like this." 

I wrapped my arms around him and felt his wet body trembling slightly. I reached one hand up to let the dark locks slide between my fingers. "Nothing will happen. I am here and won't let you go."

Kyungsoo's hands snaked up behind me to hug me back. His fingers dug hard into my skin as he placed his chin on my shoulder. "I trust you." 

"Take your feet off the ground and just hold onto me." 

"Jongin," he started to protest but didn't continue. Slowly he did what I told him and I could feel his legs wrap around my waist. I moved further until my feet couldn't touch the ground anymore. Kyungsoo placed his hands on my shoulders, leaning back a bit to look at me, the corners of his mouth curled up into a smile.

Kyungsoo

I had never felt so free in my life and Jongin? Jongin was smiling at me like he felt my happiness. Everything was how it's supposed to be. 

THE END

~~~~~~~~~

Hello guys!

Thank you all who read, voted and commented on this story. I'm so grateful for you all and I hope you all liked this story❤
If you still have some questions or are confused about some things, don't hesitate and just ask me personally or in the comments.

And as promised I will now start publishing the sequel of Call Me Monster called Memories of Love.
I will start this Friday so don't miss it!

Thanks for all the support!

Love you all❤️

Merry Christmas to everyone!🎄