Chapter Twenty-Two Beetle Assists the Toad

Asoka followed the creepy man to a rundown building with a weird name presented on the front. It was called the "Lily Pad". Which she found odd since the place was nowhere near a pond or lake. In fact the nearest pond was at least twelve miles away. She flew carefully behind the scummy agent as far as she could. Quietly she got close enough to him to see that there was a creepy guy. A man with large creepy eyes that made him resemble a rather gross toad. Landing on the windowsill near them. She listened closely as she heard the 'beetle' say,"I heard you needed information on a little semi-famous woman."

"You know where Ealish is?",he asked. The toad-like man grabbed the beetle dude's shoulders as he snapped,"Where is she?! Do you know where she is exactly?!"

"I don't know she ran away from me! She's a freak anyway! The hell do ya want her?",the beetle shouted. That pissed off the toad-like man. He punched the older man in the face as he yelled,"SHE'S NOT A FREAK YOU BASTARD!"

Asoka nearly giggled as she watched blood spurt from the man's nose. It was almost hilarious. If it weren't for the fact that he knew where Ealish was. And she didn't want either man to be able to see her.

Instead of leaving,the beetle got up while holding his nose. He snapped,"You kidding me right? She's a tiny little...you know. I let her leave. She's wherever the fuck she wants to be."

The toad-like man crossed his arms as he said,"So you don't know where the Hell she is..."

"No.",the beetle said. Asoka sighed as she slowly got up and heard the toad-like man say,"We're going to look for her then."

"WHAT?!",the beetle said as the toad-like man dragged him into the building. She raised a brow as she watched them. But decided to not go after them. Right now they weren't exactly helpful and time wasn't on her side. Flying away,she headed back to the place that she saw the plastic shoe. Her teeth dug into her bottom lip as she thought,'Please tell me she's alright. Oh please tell me she's alright. I don't want to bring my friend home dead...please...'

'Let her be alright...'

Ealish was eating breakfast when Marsha suggested,"I think you two should go out to eat tonight. It'd do him some good."

"Well...umm...you'll have to suggest it to him. I'm not sure he'd want to see me like this.",Ealish said quietly. She liked the idea of being able to get away from Miles easier. Escaping through the bathroom would be easy at her size. And if she got to a telescreen she'd be able to call Jaquelin. Sure she wouldn't be able to get home right away but at least she'd be with someone friendly. Someone who wouldn't force her to date to get her rent down.

Marsha smiles at her as she said,"Okay. Just enjoy your food. After we're done with this, I'll show you that cute dress I got you. It's kind of corsetted so it'll fit tighter than the last one."

"Cool. That's really, really cool.",Ealish said. She took a bite of her piece of bagel as she looked Marsha in the eye. Who stood up and walked out of the room. With a sigh,she mumbled,"I...wanna go home so bad...this is getting horrible."

Finishing her food,she watches Marsha come in with a larger grin. She holds out her hand to Ealish and said,"He agreed. You'll be going to that lovely restaurant that was near where I found you."

"Awesome.",Ealish said wholeheartedly. The grin she had on her face wasn't as forced as before. She clung to Marsha's thumb as they entered her bathroom. And she asked,"So is the dress as pink as the other one?"

"No it's black. I designed this one myself.",Marsha said. She set Ealish down on the countertop then fished the dress out of the drawer. It was rather pretty and had three-quarter sleeves. Billowy and kind of sparkly too. A rather nice shade of black that wasn't too dark or too light. Ealish asked,"Am I going to wear black shoes with it? Elegant make up even?"

"Eyup. Now take a shower. I gotta do your hair a specific way.",Marsha said. She put the little dress back into the drawer, then walked out of the bathroom. Ealish sighed a bit as she stripped out of the night-clothes and showered. Wrapping herself in a hand towel,she said,"This is going to be tougher than last time. Hopefully it'll work for me."

"Hopefully..."