Chapter 11 ✰ No Storm We Can't Outrun

That night the first snowflakes fell down. Emma sat down on the stairway outside her house and enjoyed her hot chocolate with cinnamon. She really loves this season. She took a deep breath to fill her lungs with cold air. The door behind her opened and Henry came outside. 'Hey kid!' she smiled. Henry sat down next to her.

He smiled, but then his face was serious. 'What's wrong?' Emma asked worried. 'It's just what I said.. You know, about Hook's happy ending. You've been through enough and I don't want you to be in pain anymore'. Tears filled his eyes and Emma felt sorry for him. 'We will find a way to fix this Henry. There's no storm we can't outrun, remember?' she smiled to him.

Henry stared down to his feet. 'But what if Hook dies again, or... you? We can't fix that. Not again'. Emma put her arm around him. 'That's not the only thing that bothers you, is it?' Henry was still staring at his feet but then nodded. 'I used to hate Hook. He was an intruder into our family, but everything has changed now. I really like him. He treats you well and... when I need it he can be my... you know... father figure'.

Emma's heart skipped a beat and couldn't believe what he just said. 'You're afraid to lose him too?' she asked surprised. Henry nodded again. 'I think I am. I'm scared because he was a villain and comparing to my mom... my other mom, I'm afraid they won't get a happy ending'. Emma ran a hand through his hair. 'They've changed, Henry. They're gonna be alright!'

Henry laid his head down on Emma's shoulder. She took a sip from her hot chocolate and was thinking about Neal. She should definitely tell Henry about his fathers come back. She sighs. 'Now it's your turn mom. What's wrong?'. She looked at him. 'I had a fight with Killian today. We're okay now, but I think you should now the reason why we where fighting' she started.

He had the most confused and incomprehensible expression on his face. 'Why should I know the reason of your fights? I love you, but that's not my business'. Emma stared into his eyes. 'Your father is back, Henry. He is in Storybrooke.' Henry's jaw dropped and he widened his eyes. 'He is... he is here?' he stuttered. Emma nodded. 'How is that possible? Can I see him? Where is he?'. Emma pushed him back on the stairway. 'Calm down, kid. I will explain everything to you, I promise. I don't know where he is right now, but I'm sure we can search for him tomorrow. It's getting late now.'

Emma tried to explain the whole story to him but left the intimate parts out of it. Henry was really excited and couldn't wait to meet his father again. He totally forgot that he was so worried about Killian and their future together. The snow began falling harder and left a white layer on Storybrooke. 'Shall we warm up inside?' Emma asked. 'I thought there wasn't a storm we can't outrun? What about a snowstorm?' Henry said and they both laughed as they went inside.