Chapter 18 ✰ Blurred Lines

Emma sat down on the sofa with her face hidden in her hands. Neal wrapped his arm around her. 'Just give him some time, Emma. He will change his mind about all this.' She gave him a sad smile. She knew how hard he tried to comfort her, but it didn't really help right now.

Neal pulled back her hair and started kissing her neck. She let out a soft moan. He leaned over and kissed her with the passion he had concealed the last few weeks. His and her tongue met but she pushed him back.

'I really can't do this. It doesn't feel right' she panicked. He carresed her cheek softly. 'Calm down, it's okay. Let me get you something to drink.' he said as he went to the kitchen. When he handed her the glass, Emma had no idea what she was about to drink. She took a sip and from this moment everything went really fast. Her hand started trembling and Neal was the last one she saw before she fainted.

The next morning Killian woke up early. He decided to make himself useful and started to wash the Jolly Roger. Since Smee left for a few weeks to visit an old friend, he had to do everything by himself. Not that it really matters. Cleaning his beloved ship helped him to forget about his real problems.

He woke up from daydreaming by the sound of footsteps. He was ready to took his sword when a familiar silhouet walked towards him. He rubbed his eyes to check if he was seeing things clearly. He faced the woman. 'Th... this can't be true...' he stuttered. The woman smiled. He dropped everything and ran into her. 'Milah... I... How...' he tried. Milah carresed his face. 'I'm so glad I can finally see you again, Killian'

Killian and Milah where talking to each other for a while. She explained to him that there is something wrong between the underworld and the so called heaven, the place where everyone goes whom moved on. It allows some people to go back to where they belong. Real villains can't escape, but others can. Neal took his chance, but she saw the opportinity to come back too.

'I really thought I lost you for the second time in the underworld' he said. Milah smiled. 'I thought I was never able to see you again. I'm so glad that you're okay!' he smiled sadly. 'You're not okay, are you?' she asked worried. He nodded and explained what happened to him and Emma and the part Neal played in it.

'I love to be with you and talk, but I have to find a place to stay' she said. 'Don't look any further, I have the perfect place for you' he grinned. 'What do you mean?' He grabbed her arm. 'Just stay on the Jolly Roger. It was your home before and...'

'Killian?' Emma said while entering his ship. Killian turned himself around. She could read from his expressions that he was still angry but surprised. 'Please don't send me away. I want to talk with you'. His face turned softer. 'Of course, love' he said genuinely. Emma's eyes met Milah's. 'I see someone is spreading free passes from the Underworld.' she said sharp. Killian gave her an angry look and gave her a gesture to follow him.

When they had gone some distance from Milah, she crossed her arms over her chest. 'You asked her to stay?' she asked sharp. 'Aye, that I did. She has no place to stay, so yes I invited her. Why shouldn't I?' Emma rolled her eyes. 'Because she's your ex-girlfriend?' she yelled. Killian laughed. 'Said the one who ran back to her ex the moment he came back!'

Tears welled up in her eyes. 'You know what.. I came here to make things right with you, but I don't think that's necessary anymore. You've spent your whole life searching for her so enjoy it.'

Emma started to walk away but then she turned around. What she said then made his jaw drop.