Chapter 33 ✰ Your Heart Will Guide Us

Killian wrapped his arms around her. 'Of course I'll come back to you.' he whispered.

Emma smiled but a weird feeling entered the pit of her stomach. She didn't trust Brennan completely and it didn't feel right to let him go with Killian. He always said that he's a survivor but she saved his ass a couple of times.

'Be carefull'. Emma pressed a kiss on his cheek.

'Always, love. Don't worry.' He said as he walked towards the huge bunker.

Brennan tried to open the door but of course it was locked. Killian hit it with his hook but it didn't work either. Emma moved her hand a bit and the lock opened.

'What the...' Brennan started.

Killian laughed. 'Don't worry, it's Emma.' he said as he winked to her to thank her.

The door creaked loudly when they opened it. Killian expected someone behind it but it was dark and empty. They slipped in and carefully closed the door.

Brennan took a torch from the wall and handed it to Killian. He also took one himself.

"Any idea where to go?" Killian asked.

'For the moment it is a straight corridor, but we have to stay on the right as much as possible.' Brennen answered.

'Why?'

"Because I have no idea what is on the left and I do not want to know that."

Killian shuddered at the thought of what could be in those rooms. Suddenly they heard footsteps. Brennan didn't hesitate for a moment and pushed Killian into a room. They waited in there until the footsteps were gone.

They walked through the bunker for another hour. Killian got the feeling that they were lost. He tried to stay calm but felt the hope sinking more and more.

'You do not remember, do you?' Killian asked.

Brennan started to panic. 'I really thought it was here'

'I heard that before.'

'I'm sorry, Killian.'

Killian sat down on the floor against the wall. "This is useless. We'll never find it.' he wailed. Brennan sat down next to him. "Do not give up, son. You have had worse setbacks.'

'Aye, that's why I do not want it to happen again.'

'You really love her, don't you?'

Killian nodded. 'I love her with all my heart. I don't want to lose her.'

They sat there for a while and both said nothing. It was completely silent in the hallway. No breeze, no footsteps, no sighs... just complete silence. Until Brennan broke the silence

'I know something!'

Killian was shocked. 'What do you know?'

'How we can find her heart!'

'Tell me!'

'Your heart will guide us.' said Brennan.

Killian didn't seem to understand. 'How do you mean my heart will guide us?' he asked confused.

'Listen. You just said that you love her with all your heart. If you focus enough, your heart will lead you to the one you love.' Brennan explained.

'But Emma is outside?'

'But her heart is in here.'

⚓️♥️

A/N: What do you think about Brennan, is he okay or is he one of the bad guys?

Share your thoughts with me!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories