One

A/N(( can I just say this story has a slow beginning for the first 4 or so chapters, but I promise you it gets better! I want everything to make sense for what I planned to happen in the book.)))

And also check out my bieber fanfiction in the making: Stuck in the Moment :)

Gracie's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my mom dropping pans in the kitchen just a few minutes before my original alarm clock went off.
I stretched in place and fixed my pillow with squinted eyes due to the sun creeping through the blinds. I sat up slowly and smiled to myself.

Today I leave for college.

Quickly I ran downstairs to my mom who was talking with an unexpected surprise, Darren. Darren is my boyfriend and I can't bare to have to say bye to him in an hour because I have to catch my flight to Toronto, Canada.

"Look who's awake." He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm gonna miss you Grace." He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and leaned in for a kiss.

I sighed and smiled back. "I know, I'm going to miss you," my glance traveled to my mom in the background watching us, "and you mom. I'll miss you."

My moms name is Many Dion. For my entire life she's been non-married to her boyfriend Brian who I recently grasped a relationship too. I always blamed him for my parents separation, when really, I only see my mom happy when she's with Brian and I can't be mad at him for that. She was sixteen when she had me, so clearly she wasn't ready to have me and Brian was so sweet to help take care. And now I'm 19, and on my way to college.

"I can't believe you'll be in another country, it's insane Grace. You sure you want to go?" She asked.

Of course I wanted to. This opportunity is amazing and I've been waiting for this since I can remember. Everything I've worked so hard in is finally going to pay off.

"I'm sure. One hundred percent positive." I nodded and grabbed a piece of toast from the toaster. "I've got to get ready. Darren will you please grab my bags and put them in the car?" I asked. I had to be to the airport in less then 60 minutes, so I had to rush my shower, hair, dressing, and breakfast. All in which I finished on time.

We met in the car and Brian drove the way. I sat in next to Darren. I was so nervous for my knew school and leaving him. What if long distance relationships don't work out for us and he moves on? What if we can't ever make time to see eachother? Too many thoughts about what could go wrong played throughout my mind and I began to worry.

"What if this long distance thing doesn't work out?" I asked and Darren rolled his eyes at me.

"C'mon babe, we went over this. I love you and only you and fuck long distance. It won't change anything. I promise." He reassured and kiss my forehead, but that didn't get rid of the knot in my heart.

----

3 hours later-----

"Ill miss you Darren." I hugged him tightly and a tear escaped. This is the last time i'll see him for a months, and its going to be hard to keep a long distance relationship.

"I'll miss you too, babe. Call me everyday, and once your plane lands, hit me up." He planted a kiss on the top of my nose and I squeezed him one last time.

I turned to my mom and hugged her tightly as well. "Bye mom, thank you for everything... I love you." I cried but gave my best smile and she did the same. "Don't blow it, sweetheart. I'll miss you." She patted my back when we pulled away from the hug. "And Brian. You really weren't that bad." I have laughed and he smiled, "Niether were you kid." With one last look at my friends and Darren, I was off to Toronto.

The flight seemed to be 10 hours long, and my as$ was getting numb. Everything was much different from Grand Prairie. The buildings were tall and there were people everywhere. My headphones were blaring in my ears once I finally arrived to UOT. The campus was nice, I have to admit.

The woman at the front desk handed me keys to dorm number 32. I thanked her an pulled my bags up the staircase. I past a few students in the hallway and they all greeted a friendly smile. I already like this place.

I turned the handle to my new dorm and walked in to find a room covered in white and there was a girl sitting on her bed wearing blue. The only splash of color in sight. "Oh hey! you must be Gracie! Im Sasha." The blonde greeted with a full smile. Her blue eyes glimmered and she shook my hand.

"Hi, nice to meet you." I smiled in returned and put my stuff down on the empty bed.

"Your going to love it here. I can introduce you to all of my friends and we should like totally go to the frat party tonight," She clapped her hands together in excitement at her idea.

It sounded... err.. fun? I guess? But I had a long plane ride, and I really just wanted to unpack and relax, not party with strangers.

"Um, I don't really think-" I tried to deny but she didn't want me to reject.

"Please! It's so worth it. you'll love it." Her smile seemed real, but her eyes seemed sneaky, then I remembered, Darren told me to trust no one.

He's also not here..

I gave one last look at Sasha, "What time?"

{{thank you for reading! please vote and share and comment! updating soon! (: }}