20

Gracie's POV:

"Tell her asshole, or I will." Jason threatened Darren, gripping the back of his shirt then releasing after a moment. They both came to my job with bruises. clearly Jason won whatever they where fighting over because his knuckles where bloody and not as injured in the face area. Darren was swelling up in the eyes and nose. His lip was puffy with dried blood and all I'm wondering is what happened.

I studied Darren, awaiting whatever it was I clearly needed to know. He was hesitant to tell me, and put his hands around my waist like he always did when he would say something that may hurt me.

"I um, I want you to know that I love you and I came here because I missed you... just keep that in your mind when I tell you..." Darren trailed off and looked down at our feet just barely touching.

"Tell me what?" I asked and took a step back, not removing my eyes from him.

I was pulled closer to him as he looked both angry and upset.

"I slept with another girl. But I don't even know her name.. for the record!" He gripped onto me tighter, not allowing me to get away from him.

"Let go of me!" I pushed and stepped back. My eyes were burning with tears that I was holding back. "Why would.. I didn't think... oh my god." I gasped and Jason took a step towards me and pulled me into his chest.

I had forgotten that we were still at Ricardo's Coffee in front of my boss and customers, and why do I find myself feeling dumb over Darren's actions.

"I'm sorry Grace, please let me explain. I need you." Darren pleaded, I could hear his voice crack, like he was about to cry.

"Ricardo, Im going to take her back, don't fucking complain." Jason squeezed me tighter, "I'll drive you back to your dorm." His voice was somewhat calming compared to the screaming in my head. I nodded, then walked out behind Jason.

I ignored Darren until we made it to Jason's car.

"Grace listen to me! It was a mistake!"

I wasn't able to respond, I was hurt. So hurt.

Jason's POv:

I sped out of the small parking lot quickly. Darren was left in the parking lot starring helplessly at Gracie who was focusing on her shaky hands fiddling in her lap.

My middle finger was quick to flip up and I sped away fast.

"Why did you beat him up?" Gracie shifted her body and looked at me after a few minutes of silence.

I rolled my eyes, "Why do you think."

Gracie sighed and faced forward again. "Are you taking me home? Because this isn't the way." she informed. I clearly knew this wasn't the way, I was taking her too my frat where I knew Sasha would be too comfort her.

I ignored her and I could tell she got frustrated with me, she always does when I don't answer her questions. But shes always asking fucking questions.

Sasha ran up too Gracie and hugged her, "Fuck Grace! Are you alright! You look sad, maybe you should take a nap, do you want ice cream?" Sasha offered and Gracie nodded. The guys each hugged her and apologized for what Darren did.

Gracie looked at me as to ask how they all knew and I mouthed that I texted Sasha, and everyone knew Sasha can't keep her mouth shut but she's the only one who would know how to get her mind off it.

After the girls went upstairs with two spoons and ice cream buckets, the guys gave me cloths to clean up.

"Who won the fight man?" Khalil asked.

"Obviously me, dumbass." I chuckled and removed my jacket. "I'll clean up later, I'm gonna check on Grace." When I said that, the guys made an annoying ass sound 'oooo' like little boys.

I ignored them and went upstairs.

I walked into the guest room slowly opening the door and peaking in. Sasha was quick to her feet and pushed me out with her, shutting the door behind us.

"She okay?" I asked. I wish I could see her even though it sucked seeing her so.. so defeated.

"Yeah, she said she's just tired."

She's sad. Not tired, a side affect of being sad is tiredness, and Gracie was definitely sad.

"I need to talk to her." I reached for the door knob and Sasha put a hand on my shoulder to slow me down. "don't talk too long, she needs to sleep."

I nodded even though I didn't care what she said.

The first thing I saw when I walked in was Gracie curled up In a ball on the bed holding the ice cream tub, not eating it. I picked up a spoon on the bed and took a scoop, eating it, making her smile for a moment.

"Don't beat yourself up about this. You know it's not your fault, don't you babygirl?" I lay down beside her and lift her chin. Gracie's tears made her mascara smear and eyes clear and glossy.

Even broken, this girl laying beside me could take your breathe away.

Shit.

"I knew it was mistake when he arrived. I knew it." She swore quietly, blaming herself.

"No you didn't." I gently said. She shook her head at me.

"I want to go back to my room. At my dorm."

"You do?" I looked down at her, she wrapped her hands around my arm holding her body to mine.

She had slow blinks and suddenly felt lighter, like a weight was taken off of her.

"Not yet." She whispered and fluttered her eyes shut.

[[[ what should happen next!!! Please comment! and vote !!]]]