24

Jason brought me to a hilltop with an open space to see all of Toronto City. The lights were sparkly and gorgeous in the dim night light. Above us, you could see the stars clearly. The moon was full, I didn't ever think of Jason to be so romantic.

"This is so pretty, I'm impressed." I said in awe as we both stepped out of the car to get closer to the edge.

"Impressed? Baby girl this is nothing." Jason chuckled and pulled my hand back, "look behind you." I turned to see a wooden pick-nick table with sunflowers in the center.

"And I made us food, if you hungry."

"Wow, this is unbelievable. Everything is so ... I don't know how to explain it. I didn't think you where actually preparing for this." I sighed. Jason looked proud of my happiness, but remarkably he's very enjoyable. I like his company.

How could Jason be this criminal that people describe as heartless, turn out to be very lovable.

We both sat down on the same side of the table. Jason split open a bag of chips before I started talking.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked. I don't want to get too personal because his temper can get out of hand but I want to know more about 'The Jason McCann.'

He seemed unsure but nodded anyway.

"You're very different from what people explain you as." I started, refusing to leave his eyes. "Why do you do what you do? If you don't mind me asking."

Jason took a breathe in, looking away momentarily. He is probably wondering what to say, or if he even wants to answer.

I started to panic. I didn't want to piss him off because this night was off to a good start.

"I was kind of adopted into it, I guess." He replied, careful of his words. "My parents left me when I was 14. The only person that took me in as his own was Ralph. He accepted me and took care of me... I got in trouble a lot as a teenager because I thought since my parents left me, nobody wanted anything to do with me so I didn't care about anything. Actually I just acted like I didn't care about anything. I turned to marijuana and older guys that got me into bars and clubs underage. Ralph taught me how to fight and get whatever I want. If I wanted a girl, i'd get her. If I wanted money, I'd get money... that's how I met Alfredo, Khalil, Ryan and the rest." He said.

I felt so sorry for him. He just needs love, something he never got and gives fluently, he doesn't even know.

"I can't really say too much yet, I don't talk about my past and I don't want to frighten you. You've already seen me beat someone up, close to unconscious." He added. He seemed panicked and I bet he regretted telling me his story, I couldn't be happier though.

"Please don't be scared of me, I wouldn't ever even think of putting you at harm or hurt you in anyway. I just- I've messed up, -"

Without thinking, I hugged Jason tightly.

"Thank you for telling me."

He sighed of relief into my shoulder and for the rest of that night we talked.

Jason's POV:

Gracie fell asleep on the way back in the passenger seat. Our night was a surprise I think to us both. I didn't expect it to go as good and I know for a fact that Gracie didn't expect it to be good at all.

It's strange that she's interested in me. And that she can just look past all she knows I've done and think I'm a good person. Still.

I took the long way to her dorms. I didn't want to wake her up but I had too, it was almost 1:00 in the morning.

We talked for hours.

"Grace." I shook her elbow "Grace wake up, its one in the morning." I whispered quietly so I don't alarm her.
-
I opened her door for her and Sasha was inside sleeping next to a bag of cheetos.

"Okay I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." I smiled as she walked in front of me.

"I had fun tonight. Thank you, and the food was really good." Gracie giggled and kissed me. Her hands brushed through my hair and it lasted for a few more seconds. Damn she was gorgeous.

[["THANK YOU FOR READING AND ID SAY IM FINALLY UPDATING AT A GOOD PACE LOL. Okay so I'm going to try and update again tonight, but if I can't I will tomorrow. thanks for reading and if you have any ideas for upcoming chapters literally comment some. please. and vote while your at it(;