19

Gracie's POV:

It's been four days since Jason ran out of my dorm after Darren showed up. I still don't understand what went on. I tried calling him a couple times but he denies my calls, and he avoids me at school. Darren is still here. He's been staying at a hotel a few miles from campus.

After school I went straight to work at my new job that I've had for a week now, Ricardo's Coffee.

It's a small drive through and walk-in coffee shop.

"Hey Ricardo." I smiled at my boss and put my blue apron on my waist.

"Hello there. Is Darren still in town?" He asked and wiggled his eyebrows at me. I laughed and nodded.

I walked up to the front desk and took out my pen to write down the customers order.

"Hi welcome to Ricardo's Coffee, what can I get you?"

"Medium Hazel Latte." He said. The voice was familiar, I looked up and saw Jason standing in front of me with a smirk playing on his lips.

I didn't say anything but stare at him momentarily.

"Gracie, help the customer." Ricardo nudged me and brought me out of my shock. "Sorry.." I mumbled back and wrote down Jason's drink on my pen and paper.

"I figured you worked here. I saw Sasha drop you off." He leaned his elbows on the counter. My eyes starred at him in confusion. Now he decides to talk to me?

"You know, you left that day Darren showed up and have been avoiding me since."

Jason rubbed his chin while looking past me at a random object. He was avoiding eye contact with me. He had something wanted to say but he wasn't saying anything.

"I don't know what that was, I just remembered I had to get back to my frat." He shrugged.

It wasn't believable for even a second and Jason knew that I didn't buy it, god he's a terrible lier.

"What?" He asked as I starred at him in amusement and curiosity.

"It's just, you came down here to see me after ignoring me for days. Come on Jason, you were pissed when you left that night." I argued.

That's exactly it. Maybe he has something against Darren?

No, Darren didn't do anything to him. They don't know each other.

"Let it slide, okay." He raised his eyebrow and leaned closer over the counter.

"Once you decide to be mature, then I'll let it slide." I bickered back.

Jason's POV:

After I got my hazel latte, I was headed off to the bar. Cuffs 69.

I walked into loud music and dancing people, drinking.. talking..laughing. They all looked gross and stressed, but that's what happens when everyone in life has let you down and you begin to let yourself down. All you have is a bottle to keep you happy, and in the end, it doesn't do anything in your favor.

"Jason, man, you want the usual?" Cody grinned and began filling a cup without my response.

I didn't look up at him, he's a coward.

"Jason look, I understand this is about Gracie and me wanting to have sex upstairs with her but I was drunk. C'mon cut me some slack."

Cody was always an annoying ass nice guy, like, a really great guy. But when he's drunk, he does the shittiest things imaginable and I really can't stand it. It's fucking crazy being with an A straight student who dresses nice and always supports everyone, then has one drink and loses everything.

"Are you talking about Gracie Dion? My Gracie Dion?" A man said.

What the fuck.

"Nah not your Gracie D-" Cody shook his single hand in the air, "Wait how do you know Gracie?"

I felt just as clueless as Cody until I studied the mans face harder. Dark hair, dark eyes, fucking rose tattoo.

Darren.

He was sitting in the seat next to me, with a blonde chick grinding him.

I widened my eyes at what I was seeing. He's cheating on Gracie.

"Darren what the fuck!"