chapter-9

Hiiiii everyone.

Never have I ever , even in my wildest dreams imagine myself in such a situation where I will be standing before my father and panicking . I didn't have the guts to look into his eyes and say that I am pregnant. Karan was beside , touching my arm lightly and giving me all the support that he could offer . I didn't need to look at my father's face to know his questioning and probing eyes were on me .

"Mia, what is it ? This better be important and what is Karan doing here?"

This was now or never . I had to answer him so summoning all my courage I looked at his face . His gaze turned softer and maybe more anxious looking at me .

"What is it . Tell me". He encouraged me .

"Dad , I-I am p-pregnant ." I couldn't help but stutter . But his face was blank . There was no telling what was going on in his head at that moment .
Finally after what felt like an forever he looked at me . His eyes had anger in them but also worry for his only kid .

"Mia , I don't know what to say . Who's the father?" His eyes were already on Karan .

"Sir, I am the father . Before you say something sir , I am ready to take responsibility for my actions . I want to marry your daughter with your blessings". Karan came forward and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer .

"You scoundrel! You dare to corrupt my daughter . I will kill you" dad came charging at Karan before I could react he already had Karan on his back , hitting him.

"Dad, please dad stop it . I love him . He loves me too . Dad" I kept tugging at his arms till he let Karan go and turned to face me .

"Mia . I know you are not a kid anymore and you are mature enough to make your decisions but I can never forgive you for this . I will get you two married tomorrow itself. It will be a registered marriage" after saying this he walked away . I was in tears and I looked at Karan . He had busted lips and some bruises were already forming.

"Mia, love I don't wanna see you cry ever ! So what your father hit me? But he is getting us married and that's what matters . Tomorrow this time you will be Mrs. Karan Raichand . It will be fine babe . I got you ". He pecked my forehead gently and wrapped me in his arms making me feel the safest in his warm embrace"

I pecked his forehead as well and we parted . It was time to say goodbye for the last time because from tomorrow we'll be one .

Like every other girls , I also have a lot of dreams regarding my marriage . I never wanted a grand celebration but a small cozy arrangement with my very loved and dear ones. But destiny had some different plans for me. I actually never thought that I will have a registered marriage and I'll be pregnant as well . But also then I never thought I'll have someone like Karan in my life . He's my guardian angel . My most precious thing ever . Then maybe it'll be all good . Maybe we will be good at the end .

It's really amusing how a powerful name can speed up legal procedures. Like my dad said he managed to make all the arrangements to register our marriage within one night . So, now it was finally time for us to sign. With only six other people present in that room . My dad , zee, dad's lawyer and Raichand's lawyer and the registration officer and Karan's  assistant. It's a closed door event . No one else had the news of it . Finally we were asked to sign at our respective places following by the witnesses . That's it.

I am married now.

Happy Diwali.