chapter 14

Mia's pov

"Yes , exactly . Khanna we can't loose this deal . I want it at any cost . Yes . Right . I'll be there in 20 . Yes." Then he cut the call and put it inside his pocket.

Karan is visibly very distressed from the past weak . He's trying to crack some international deal . And today's Friday and also his presentation. Today will decide what will happen.

It's been a week from that day when I brought him his lunch and he kissed me infront of the entire stuff. I still blush thinking about that kiss . He was so passionate that day , but then he never tried to touch me ,not even he kissed me once.

Otherwise he became so much more attentive towards me. He was present there always for every meal on time.unlike the very first two days of our marriage he was never gone for office before I woke up .

"Earth to Mia, what do you always keep thinking of?and are you blushing?" He poked my cheeks lightly .

I swatted his hand away ," why do you always poke my cheeks? Huh. And no I was not blushing!" I literally snapped at him . He won't even kiss me but he'll poke my cheeks . Not done.

"Okhay my wildcat , chill. I won't poke your cheeks for now. But I gotta go . And come on wifey wish me luck . Bye" . With that he was up from his seat . I was still sulking in my self pity but then I felt a feather like kiss on the crown of my head . Then he was out of the door . I was still sitting there but now with a goofy smile on my lips .

I love you sooo much . Karan . I wish you get the deal . Best of luck - I sent him a quick text and within seconds he replied .

Thanks love. Gotta go .bye. take care .

There's one thing I realised about him. He became a very good companion of mine during our brief relationship but now I think within this week I found a different version of him . I found a very honest friend in him. Now we tease each other continuously . Everyday he comes back and he tells me about his day . I love this version of his a lot maybe I want some intimacy from him . Why won't he touch me! This pregnancy hormones are wrecking my insides for his touch but he won't. 

KARAN'S POV

I reached office and I was very busy today . Finally all of my hardwork will pay off today if we get this Mackenzie deal .

"Khanna , did you cross-check this contract?" He's my lawyer .

"Yes Karan . I did and there's no loophole. Relax we got this ."

There's a knock on my door and my assistant comes in.

"Sir , they are here and in the conference room already."

"All right . Then let's go . And Anurag take detailed notes. "

Anurag kashyap,my assistant. He's a new guy freshly graduated and very hardworking.

We entered the conference room . Mr. Mackenzie and others , they were already comfortable.

"So all right gentleman , let's start the meeting ."  With that the lights were off .

It took some time and Mr . Mackenzie's a tough guy . He was around my dad's age ,so he had experience. I could tell he was pretty happy with the presentation and everything but he also didn't wanna leave any stone unturned. So after negotiating for sometime he was finally happy with our offer and signed the papers .

He stood up and we shook hands .

"I must say Mr. Raichand you know your ways . Keep it up son. It was good doing business with you. "

"Thank you sir ." He gave me a nod and then they were out of the door.

"Khanna , I gotta say today you did great man . I wasn't exactly sure if you will be able to negotiate for clause -13. But you did it . This definitely calls for a celebration. Let's go for drinks . My treat ." 

" Of course this calls for a celebration. Hey buddy listen why don't we throw a corporate party tomorrow . It'll be a good way to declare about this deal also when the news spread we will get more companies. What do you say?" I thought for a moment. This was a perfect way to grab spotlight and Mia's dad will also see . So that's another step towards my mission.

"Khanna you are right . Hold on ," I dialed a number and asked Anurag to come in .

"Anurag . Book the Marriott's for tomorrow all services included  and email other companies . I'll email you the list . Get a live band to perform and make sure the media knows about this. And do the rest ." I dismissed him and emailed him the guest list with all the top companies .

Khanna already left and I was in no mood to work today so I also decided to leave . I was pretty excited to tell Mia about this . Within this week we became friends. I kissed her that day and I decided I will never do that again. I don't wanna take advantage of her love more than I was already doing. Maybe not a good lover or good husband but I can definitely be a good friend of hers . So that's what I'll be now . I'll be her best friend. And I also decided something. I'll never let her know that I had actually ruined her life . She'll be broken . I refused to do that to her . I am guilty but she doesn't have to know. Ever .

I reached home and rang the bell . This time she didn't open the door. So I used my keys and got inside. Shit . Wtf ? I was shocked. This is definitely not good for my resolve.

And we are done for today . Please let me know what do you guys think about this chapter. And please vote.... I wanna get inside top 100 ..and comment .

Lol , just kidding. Keep reading. But please vote and comment.

Why Mia? She was sitting on the sofa with nothing but a towel wrapped around her body. Her milky skin , open hair , plump lips were all on display for me.

I was getting hard. Why Mia? Why are you making this so difficult for me?

She gave me a seductive look and motioned me to come towards her . And exactly like a puppet I walked towards her as if she was the puppet master with my strings in her hands . Her hands that were on the bow of the towel that was holding it together.

"So hubby how was your day?" She asked in a very seductively.

"G-good ." I swallowed. Control. Karan . Only I knew how much I was controlling.

"Did you get the deal?" She was maintaining eye contact. When did my innocent wife grew so bold . Wife. Yeah right.

I just nodded .

"Good . Then here's your reward." And she moved her hands from the bow .

Done . No serious this time . What do you think will happen in the next part??? Let me know. Byyee..