A break in

Prompt - Hey can you do a prompt were Nathan stays home alone and someone breaks in. You can do it however you want (I'm not good with details) thanks

~~~~~~~~

It was one thing to deal with a Nathan who was throwing tantrums while it was another thing to deal with a Nathan who wanted nothing more than to prove that he was a big boy, an independent kid. Honestly speaking, Jay and Siva found it really cute but Tom and Max knew that it was all the beginning of a new trouble for them. And they were quite right about it.

This burst of independence from the boy did appear helpful to them once though. They all had to go out one evening and were very reluctant to leave Nathan back home alone. Jay and Max had a meeting with Scooter while Tom and Siva had to meet up with their girlfriends. Siva had even offered to take Nathan along and boy, he wasn't prepared for the outburst from Nathan. "No way! I'm not third wheeling between you and Nareesha. Not wanna witness your yucky kisses! Go away I can stay alone!" Nathan proudly shouted.

Tom shook his head at the boy, wasting no time in pulling the boy on his lap.

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

I don't care about how independent you think you are

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

But that's no way to talk to someone

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

Siva was being helpful to you, no need to be so rude to him

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

And that language and attitude from you is not tolerable too

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

You better get a hold on that kind of behavior young man

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT

The little sobs from the boy was enough for Tom to end the spanking. He pulled the boy in a hug, rubbing his back. "Sorry" Nathan sobbed out, lifting his arms to Siva for a quick hug. "You better stay out of trouble while we're gone" Siva said, ruffling the boy's hair. "We'll be back soon buddy" Jay promised. "Kev will be here in an hour or so" Max added. "I don't need a babysitter" Nathan mumbled. "You want another round on my lap?" Tom asked and Nathan was quick to shake his head. The boys chuckled as they left.

Nathan thought being independent was fun. While waiting for Kev to arrive, he grabbed some popcorn, watching a movie and enjoying his time alone when he heard a noise downstairs. He thought it was Kev but when he peeked out, he found some masked men breaking in. Realizing that it was probably some thieves, Nathan ran back to his room. He could feel his heart beating fast as he tried to calm down and think of what the boys would do in this situation. All he wanted was the boys but he knew they wouldn't be able to get here so quick so he called Kev who was already on his way here. He managed to calm down enough to tell the man about the situation at home and locked his door as per the man's request. Now all he had to do was to wait for Kev to get here.

Kev called the cops and reached home as quickly as possible. Nathan heard the cops and then heard Kev calling out for him. He ran downstairs, throwing himself in Kev's arms and sobbing his little heart out. "It's okay, bud. I got you." Kev comforted the boy. "I want the boys" Nathan cried. "I already called them, little one. They must be on their way" Kev told him.

While the cops arrested the thieves, the boys returned back home. As soon as they walked in, Nathan attached himself to them. "Shush down baby" Max tried to comfort the boy. "I was so scared" Nathan admitted. "But you still managed to inform Kev. That was a smart move kiddo" Jay praised the boy. "Still, it was scary" Nathan said. "We are here now. It's okay" Siva assured the boy. "Where's our big and independent boy?" Tom teasingly asked. Nathan pouted as he reached for a cuddle from Tom.

Gone was the boy who wanted to prove that he could be independent. All it took was a break in and he was back to being the baby of the band. Besides, where's the fun in being all independent? Being big was quite scary.

A/N

Dedicated to yareid!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Prompt me!

xx Hailey